NGD (on Thursday)

Jarvis

Reaction score
Well I had a bad gas for one if those new 50th anniversary reissue E212T sheratons in cherry so bought one today. Should be here Thursday. Can't wait and as always loads of pics of this one to follow. Only one video on you tube to keep me going till then

Juneya

Reaction score
Awesome! I bought one with frequensator, also set to arrive on Thursday. Sweetwater sent me pics of mine. Here she is.

12081500247-angle-l.jpg
12081500247-front-l.jpg

The only thing I am confused about is the model numbers of each color and the tremotone. On the individual guitars respective webpages, the Tremotone model is described as E212TV but the blue Epi sticker inside the actual guitar says model E212T. Then it's the opposite on the on the frequensator cherry Sheraton..... E212T on the webpage but E212TV inside on the label. The natural model with frequensator is model E212TN.

Be sure and post some pics and your thoughts after it arrives. And congrats!

EDIT: I looked at Epiphone's website and based on what they show the model numbers "should" be, I think Epi put the wrong model number on the labels in the two cherry frequensator and tremotone guitars Sweetwater sold.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sweet.

There's gonna be some cool NGD threads in the next weeks I bet.

Jarvis

Reaction score
Yeah I see what you mean by the model numbers mines says E212TV on blue sticker and also annoyingly doesn't state what number of 1962 mines is on sticker. Can you tell from serial ?

Hack

Reaction score
Info dude!! Tell us about that beaut!

Jarvis

Reaction score
Just got it today for 599 English sterlings. 1962 reissue sheraton with Gibson mini humbuckers and frequensator. Comes with 1962 grey case and wallet with serial and 1962 blurb. Haven't plugged it in yet but it will be after dinner.

Jarvis

Reaction score
Awesome! I bought one with frequensator, also set to arrive on Thursday. Sweetwater sent me pics of mine. Here she is.

12081500247-angle-l.jpg
12081500247-front-l.jpg

The only thing I am confused about is the model numbers of each color and the tremotone. On the individual guitars respective webpages, the Tremotone model is described as E212TV but the blue Epi sticker inside the actual guitar says model E212T. Then it's the opposite on the on the frequensator cherry Sheraton..... E212T on the webpage but E212TV inside on the label. The natural model with frequensator is model E212TN.

Be sure and post some pics and your thoughts after it arrives. And congrats!

EDIT: I looked at Epiphone's website and based on what they show the model numbers "should" be, I think Epi put the wrong model number on the labels in the two cherry frequensator and tremotone guitars Sweetwater sold.

No it's the same on mine inside says E212TV

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice, HNGD.

That COA? The guitar second from the bottom, the single cutaway with the F holes and dot inlays,.......that's niiiiice. :shock:

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Sherrys....

I'm not sure - but I think the "T" stands for "Thinline" :hmm:

Juneya

Reaction score
Jarvis, mine has the number 16 written in like this.

B381747B-3CC6-455B-9E82-46E3FA64DFA3-3817-000009654D9E41FB.jpg

Yours doesn't have anything written in? I don't know if you could tell by the serial number. On Sweetwater, they have a natural that is #26 which is 10 numbers higher than mine; however, the serial number is 11 numbers high. Me = XXX247 the Natural = XXX258. And the Tremotone one is #46, but the serial is XXX291 or 44 numbers higher.

So yours also has E212TV? That's so odd as the following info I pulled directly off Epi's website on the Sheraton's specifications. The Tremotone version is suppose to be TV,...with the V probably standing for vibrato.

Tailpiece: Frequensator™ (T) or Tremotone™ (TV)
Knobs: Top Hats w/Metal Inserts
Other: Period Correct Blue Rectangle Serial Number Label
Colors: T = Cherry (CH), Natural (NA), Vintage Sunburst (VS); TV = Cherry (CH)

But I think the model numbers are sort of jacked up anyway. Natural is suppose to be NA, but the one I saw online had E212TN,.... not E212NA. They've ALL apparently got a T in there, regardless of being cherry or not. Maybe the T does stand for Thinline. Oh well, no biggie.

Juneya

Reaction score
Oh, and Jarvis, my little certificate also has the "16 of 1962" written on it. I would think Epi should tell you what your number is.

Jarvis

Reaction score
I have emailed epiphone as you say they should be able to tell me.
8DDD97A3-F085-4BF7-B91E-8DF135FD0F0B-8871-00000729326F9D0B.jpg

Can you post a pic of your booklet so I can see where it's written on ? Mines just has serial written on.

Jarvis

Reaction score
Ok no worries mines must have been a Friday afternoon build haha I will wait till epiphone email me back and get it marked on. I must say I plugged mine in last night night and the tone off those mini humbuckers is great and the neck is nice and slim and fast. What do you think of it ?

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man, that's Sweet! Many congrats. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Juneya

Reaction score
Ok no worries mines must have been a Friday afternoon build haha I will wait till epiphone email me back and get it marked on. I must say I plugged mine in last night night and the tone off those mini humbuckers is great and the neck is nice and slim and fast. What do you think of it ?

I like it a lot! Mine plays flawlessly. Retailer gave it a great set up. The so-called medium jumbo frets are more on the medium side than most medium jumbos I've played. I think it gives the fretboard a flatter feel than the 12" radius. I can still bend the snot out of the strings, so there is plenty of meat to grab. Mine has typical little cosmetic flaws (after all, it is an $800 guitar made in China). There's a tiny identation on the fretboard around the 9th fret and they didn't do a smooth job on the cherry stain on the inside rim of the F holes, but that's all I can find.

But the fretwork is very good and the electronics are CTS pots and heavy duty Belden cable. No cheap harness here and excellent sweep on all four pots. OH, and I did put knob pointers on mine for an old school look. So far, I've only played it through this 1968 Fender Bronco (like a Vibrochamp) but its got great tone and clarity. I'm going to change the strings soon because I don't particularly like factory strings.

VERDICT: Bottom line is that it's a keeper. :thumb:

Took a a few pics using a slower ISO to show the grain and gold more, plus a brighter, indirect light outdoor pic.

Sheraton-w-Bronco1.jpg

sheraton-body1_450.jpg

sheraton-fence-full.jpg

IanMak3103

Reaction score
Very nice!! HNGD!
Even I'm not a big fan of minibuckers, I still think she looks very nice!
Enjoy

Latest Threads