NGD (Now with spec sheet)

Alse1829

Reaction score
Yeah , Buddy! Love gold!

The bridge should be a standard Nashville Tune O Matic.

Drop in replacement, no mods needed.

Schaller makes arguably the best roller bridge for a Gibson. They've been making them a long time
I've used these in the past, and my Heritage guitar came with them from the factory..

Wilkinson makes fancy locking ones.

Pickup covers can be done too, but you will need a good size solder gun to unsolder them from the baseplate.
2 drops near each center on the back.

Gibson used 49mm pole spacing forever on most pickups, they still do, but in recent times they have moved to a wider spaced 50mm in some bridge pickups.

More knowledgeable folks can tell you if yours are speced different, it varies by pickup set. Not all new pickups are different spaced.
Or you could measure across the pole pieces from one side to another and find out yourself.

If those are 57 Classics in there then they are both 49mm vintage spec. according to Gibson.
https://www.gibson.com/Gear/Humbucker-Pickups/IM57R

Lots of places for good covers.

I've used Philly Luthier and Mojotone with good results.

Almost guaranteed the neck is 49mm
Dude, awesome suggestions and thank you for the help!

I would love to order a bridge and tuners(locking). I think the Grover 502G is a direct drop in, but looking at bridges I’m still stuck wondering.

Three options I’m looking at are the two suggested plus the golden age roller bridge from stew Mac that has a 12” radius which I think matches the fretboard on this guitar. They all look like they have slightly different sized mounting hardware. But it’s hard to tell since all I have is my phone to look on. Just want to make sure it’s a direct drop in.

Niloy63

Reaction score
I love unique guitars. Great lookin top! Great find @DarrellV.

And I dig the idea of putting gold hardware on the guitar. I think it'll match well with the dark satin finish. There is a forum member here, @JamesD, who has a Cobra Burst and mixed black and gold hardware together (i.e., black stop bar with gold studs, black pickups with gold pole pieces, gold bridge). I think it was a great idea and looks badass! I hope he doesn't mind me posting his picture here:

1569207167105.png

I bet it would look awesome on your guitar as well.

Last edited:

MSB

Reaction score
a roller bridge isn't going to fix a nut issue, period. It might help, but if you're having tuning issues, i'll bet my left leg its your nut and until you address that issue, you're spending money and kidding yourself.

that said, if I was spending my money, i'd get the golden age roller bridge

and unless you want faster string changes, there's no need for locking tuners. I bet that thing is already heavy enough, no need to add to it unless you so desire.

and a nice new razor blade will take care of any solder on those pickup covers. One of the links says its a 498t in the bridge which would have the wider spacing than the 496 in the neck (that combo makes no sense, but i guess it is what it is) but a simple ruler will answer the tale for you.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
a roller bridge isn't going to fix a nut issue, period. It might help, but if you're having tuning issues, i'll bet my left leg its your nut and until you address that issue, you're spending money and kidding yourself.

and unless you want faster string changes, there's no need for locking tuners. I bet that thing is already heavy enough, no need to add to it unless you so desire.

and a nice new razor blade will take care of any solder on those pickup covers. One of the links says its a 498t in the bridge which would have the wider spacing than the 496 in the neck (that combo makes no sense, but i guess it is what it is) but a simple ruler will answer the tale for you.
OP posted that the tag in the case says they are 57's, so that's what I went with..
:dunno:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love unique guitars. Great lookin top! Great find @DarrellV.

And I dig the idea of putting gold hardware on the guitar. I think it'll match well with the dark satin finish. There is a forum member here, @JamesD, who has a Cobra Burst and mixed black and gold hardware together (i.e., black stop bar with gold studs, black pickups with gold pole pieces, gold bridge). I think it was a great idea and looks badass! I hope he doesn't mind me posting his picture here:

View attachment 408594

I bet it would look awesome on your guitar as well.
Even the gold pole screws in those black covers would look good...

That would be an easy, non invasive and cheap mod to start with...

MSB

Reaction score
OP posted that the tag in the case says they are 57's, so that's what I went with..
:dunno:
getting old and forgetful apparently. I went by the specs in the one link, but you are absolutely correct the OP said '57s, poor guy

Alse1829

Reaction score

The tuning has calmed down with some graphite put in the nut when I did a string change, and this guitar with eventually find its way to my tech. I may do a full pickup change, but I still have to look into what set I would want to put in there.

I have a set of bareknuckle mules in my tokai and they sound really good, but I may want to go a slightly different route with this one.

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
The tuning has calmed down with some graphite put in the nut when I did a string change, and this guitar with eventually find its way to my tech. I may do a full pickup change, but I still have to look into what set I would want to put in there.

I have a set of bareknuckle mules in my tokai and they sound really good, but I may want to go a slightly different route with this one.
Ah the joy of New Guitar ownership!.....

With so many options, why leave it stock? :laugh2:

I'm kidding you, mate! :cheers2:

Niloy63

Reaction score
Even the gold pole screws in those black covers would look good...

That would be an easy, non invasive and cheap mod to start with...
Most definitely! It would make the p'ups pop for sure.

moreles

Reaction score
Definitely a unique look -- not for me, but pretty coherent in its own dark way. One question: why on earth are there bright chrome reflectors on that guitar? And yes -- that neck is freaking awesome.

anorton

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to seeing how this all progresses. Great thread for a really cool guitar.

Alse1829

Reaction score
I think I’m going to go with a gold abr-1 replacement instead of a roller bridge. It’s been holding tune great and returning to pitch just as well