NGD - Norlin again, this time near mint 1971 Les Paul Custom

Progrocker111

Reaction score
I have finally put the trigger on this beauty. Former owner apparently kept her only at home and played her rarely. The case is still nearly like new and without smell, so the guitar wasnt used live. The guitar is all original to the last screw.

Its typical early 70s Les Paul tonewise - with excellent clarity and crispy attack, tight bass and great sustain, really can growl and throw out some punchy crunchy riffs. Absolutely suited to oldschool 70s raw hardrock or progrock etc. Neck is very comfortable and fast with significant taper.

Interesting is, that this guitar has pots from 42th week of 71 and still has 60s smaller type of diamond on headstock and same sized 2nd and 3rd frets from the higher side of fingerboard like all older ones do have.
This darker bourbon-type finish is fairly rare for 71. I am in love again.:)

pgeddes

Reaction score
Simply awesome. Love the color. Where do you guys find this stuff ?!

1969 weatherman

Reaction score
excellent score !!!!congrats. she's pretty too and i bet she's got tone to the bone.

trapland

Reaction score
Soooo shiiiiiiiney!

I gotta ask, what's that baby weigh?

JM2112

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Wow!!! :wow:

That is one clean and awesome looking Norlin LPC. Love finding older guitars in that kind of shape! Enjoy it!!! :thumb:

HNGD!!! :dude:

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hot damn,brother!! That ole girl looks like she was kept in a time capsule,really good condition:shock:

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day!!!

Dougj

Reaction score
Congratulation a very fine looking Norlin looks so new a great buy

moreles

Reaction score
Wow! Fantastic, beautiful guitar. I'd get rid of those awful knobs, but other would say to keep it stock. Everything else = gorgeous!

Latest Threads