NGD! New Gretsch Day!!

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got an electromatic G5230t on a whim, and surprisingly, I am in LOVE!

Everything about this black beauty is pretty much all I’ve ever wanted in a guitar.. I was seriously blown away! Looks, sounds and feels as good or better than any Gibson I’ve ever owned.. and it was setup and intonated perfectly right out of the box!

I’m about to run a few pedals in front of it, mostly a few different overdrives.. see how much I can get away with until the neighbors rip me a new one hehe.. :cool2:

DD49DE72-8EF0-49FB-8D63-7B1460A63C64.jpeg

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your Gretsch. There will be more. :naughty:
I can already tell that haha! I still have a sort of a white whale Gretsch I’ve been chasing.. I only see them pop up used on Reverb once in a blue moon.. and I’m not all familiar with Gretsch, yet. But, I never have the extra scratch to get one when I see one come up, but they are gorgeous (to me).

I don’t know the model name, so if any of you Gretsch experts care to help me out, I can put it back on my radar..

Description: I’ve only seen them in cherry red or maybe Black, it‘s definitely a made in Japan model and most certainly in the Jet/DuoJet family, solid body mahogany, double cutaway, bigsby, and the kicker, and tell tale sign of this model, is it has a zero fret.. they list for about $1,000-1,500 used.. anyone think they know what model this is?

Now that I have this guitar, I need the other one now too.. I am Ahab!!:dude:

NotScott

Reaction score
Aye, this be your whale Ahab:

It is a G6131T-62 Vintage Select. The Vintage Select series is Gretsch's attempt to be as true to vintage construction as psossible wityh just a few minor refinements like treble bleed caps and pinned bridges. They also come with TV Jones Filtertron recreations which are some of the nicest and most versatile sounding pickups ever. I have also seen these in black and pink champagne which is an absolutely stunning color!

I have a G6129T-59 in silver sparkle. It is the single-cutaway version of this but without the sero-fret. I bought it new and it was one of the most flawless guitars I have ever unboxed.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Aye, this be your whale Ahab:

It is a G6131T-62 Vintage Select. The Vintage Select series is Gretsch's attempt to be as true to vintage construction as psossible wityh just a few minor refinements like treble bleed caps and pinned bridges. They also come with TV Jones Filtertron recreations which are some of the nicest and most versatile sounding pickups ever. I have also seen these in black and pink champagne which is an absolutely stunning color!

I have a G6129T-59 in silver sparkle. It is the single-cutaway version of this but without the sero-fret. I bought it new and it was one of the most flawless guitars I have ever unboxed.

I think that’s it.. only with chrome/nickel hardware! I’m on it! Thank you amigo!

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
It’s official! I’ve got the Gretsch bug.. This combo of pedals won out for about an hour of inspired playing that didn’t entail pedals of doom and destruction.. but damn it feels good to be inspired to play again! (my SG needs new pups, 57’ classics sound like ass.. I love that guitar, but neck drop is a bitch too..) This puppy is TITS!!

34562685-C0ED-4D57-85BF-12E58DC22DED.jpeg

Although I did mildly fiddle with a few dirt boxes.. ALL of which sounded amazing!

78E26F0E-363C-4666-9FAD-0D4646A64944.jpeg

Heaven in a box..

31F02B65-790D-4BA8-A6E7-F9D46EB943FC.jpeg

Hell in a box.. (This will be how I decimate my enemies.. good thing I like my neighbors.. bwahahaha!!)

D1EF0693-4671-4903-85C6-3A0EA972C772.jpeg

Still gonna have to fiddle with this one.. it’s BEGGING to be cranked and tweaked.. I want that Siamese Dream fuzz.. probably won’t be able to fully enjoy until after Covid bs and neighbors go the f back to work:/

CAD5EC45-7323-406F-8E7F-FDE7AA3BEA60.jpeg

Just a good old fashioned BD.. very underrated pedal imo.. gets raunchy af!

DE388197-1D61-4E7F-B013-39818032D020.jpeg

And for some 80’s fun.. gay bewbs!

Pop1655

Reaction score
Don’t mean to push the competition, but their owners forum is the only other forum I’ve ever enjoyed visiting. Bunch of nice guys.

NotScott

Reaction score
Duane Eddy was my hero as a lad. One of these was my favorite archtop, when I was into hollow bodies.
View attachment 490079
DeArmonds kick ass! I have a 5420T Anniversary that I installed TV Jones T Armonds in. They are designed to fit in a typical Filtertron cutout so I replaced the black top trons that were in the 5420. It just drips early 50s twang now.

DADGAD

Reaction score
From what i see, you get a hell
of a lot of guitar for the $. They have so many cool finishes it’s hard to not want more than one. are Torino green one is drool worthy.

sonar1

Reaction score
From what i see, you get a hell
of a lot of guitar for the $. They have so many cool finishes it’s hard to not want more than one. are Torino green one is drool worthy.
I believe it was Gretsch that pioneered using car colors, back in the fifties.

Latest Threads