NGD - Neck Repair

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neck thru husk I found in need of some neck repair.
Roxy13 made it right, tight and outta sight. She also made a proper harness, installed a new Graph Tech nut to match the saddles and wired in Seymour Duncan APH-1 neck and SH-14 Custom 5 TB in double cream. These were the original pickups in my Eddy PM. I was keeping them just in case I ever sold it but that ship has sailed. It's staying put.
IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg

larryguitar

Reaction score
Nice fiddle. Got any before and after's of the break? I always find those instructive.

Larry

Roxy13

Reaction score
I didn't take any before pics. It was a really tight crack that ran from both corners of the nut and under the fretboard as seen from the nut slot. I think it was caused by someone removing the original nut and not being gentle enough about it.

It's also a poly finish so there was no touch up paint sprayed on. I just smoothed everything up to 12000 grit sandpaper.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I do have photos of the wiring harness, both before and after installation. I had to go with 4 way wire on the switch due to the small openings from the switch cavity to the control cavity. Interestingly this guitar had the opening between both pickup cavities routed into the body (although it's very shallow), but it was drilled from the switch cavity to the front pickup cavity and again from the rear pickup cavity to the control cavity. Not sure I've seen that before so definitely some interesting techiniques on how they did it.

The control cavity is routed very similar to a Dyna made Burny.

Agileharness.jpg

Agileharnessinstalled.jpg

Latest Threads