NGD! My very first Gibson...Les Paul standard 60’s

Nintari

Reaction score
It's a great looking guitar. I'm always torn between the 50's and 60's. Both great, both so different. But man... if I saw that top in person, it might just tip the scale on that particular day.

Hope it's a keeper!

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I don’t know many guitarists in real life, so it’s fun to share the excitement with you guys.

Nice looking top. I wouldn't worry about that lacquer on the nut, it's pretty common.
Thanks! That’s reassuring to know. Im okay with it as long as it’s just aesthetic.

Does that thing off and get the playing!
Will do! It was hanging on the Guitar Center rack when I got it, and must have collected a bit of dust waiting for me. I have a day off coming up, excited to spend the day ripping away on this.

Stellar score!

One the nicest, if not THE nicest Les Paul I’ve ever seen!

Congrats :applause:
Wow that’s quite a compliment, thank you! Once I saw it, I knew this was the one.
WOW! Very pretty girl you have and congrats on your first Les Paul. There will never be another 1st! If you look at my pics you'll see a Ibanes Artist that has a very similar top. The tri-burst's are gorgeous!!!
Thanks! Yeah this one is definitely special. I’ve had other guitars, but a Gibson Les Paul was my dream guitar since I was a young teenager. Really excited that dream became real.

Couldn’t agree more! Every guitar I’ve seen in triburst looks amazing. Reminds me of a nice sunset.

Very nice, congrats. What year is this one?
Thank you! I need to check the serial number but I just got it this past week, so I think it might be a 2020.

Congrats!! I have the same guitar and love it!
Thanks! Great to see other fellow triburst owners. :cheers2:I don’t see it too often but I think it’s the best finish of the standard 60’s, I am biased of course haha.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
It's a great looking guitar. I'm always torn between the 50's and 60's. Both great, both so different. But man... if I saw that top in person, it might just tip the scale on that particular day.

Hope it's a keeper!
Thank you! Yeah, I was between the standard 60’s, and some of the other models but once I saw this top the decision became much easier. It didn’t hurt that the guitar played really well too haha.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out freaking standard...
man, I want of these so bad

such a great model...and that paint job is killer...perfect

-chris

tonedr

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So after months of searching I finally have my first Gibson.

I got the Les Paul standard 60’s in triburst.
I wanted to thank you guys for all the advice, help and info. these past few months, it helped a lot!
I played bunch of Les Pauls...customs, reissues, studios, standard, classics. Liked many of them, but this particular one just played and felt better than anything else I tried, and when they offered a nice discount for me, I didn’t hesitate.

Couldn’t be happier. Checked all my boxes, looks, tone, playability, and a good deal. Was definitely worth the wait and all the searching.

I’ve wanted a Gibson since I was a kid, my Epiphone Les Paul was my first proper guitar and I played it for many years. So it’s nice to come back to a Les Paul many years later and to finally have a Gibson.

Anyways! Here’s pics. I’m planning to make a video with some tones, so will hopefully share that soon!

The moment I saw this tri-burst finish, I had my heart set on it. I saw other finishes I liked, but found myself going back to this.

View of the flame.

I like that the finish actually changes with the light. The bright red turns dark and almost becomes black in dimmer light.
So it takes a cool darker vintage tobacco burst type look in low light. The fretboard was also nice and dark right off the wall, not too dry or light.

With sunlight, the red really shines through.

Fit and finish was great overall, the finish seems to be peeling off the nut here, it’s a bit messy looking but other than that it looks great. Weighs in at 9.4lb a bit on the heavier side but I don’t mind, I play sitting most of the time haha.
congrats...a beauty!

Latest Threads