NGD - My First Les Paul

Cyclave

Reaction score
Howdy, I'm back, and this time I actually have a Les Paul! :applause:

I swore I wouldn't get anything other than a Joe Perry Boneyard when I finally bought a Les Paul, but after ogling at tWilliams' numerous threads, I changed my mind when this pretty lady popped up online.

Welcome to the family, 2007 Les Paul Standard Elitist!
(I apologize for the crappy iPhone 5 pictures and equal quality camaraman skills.)

015_zpsylvoitz9.jpg

019_zpsr6jpx9t5.jpg

021_zpsjhw1tu1l.jpg

020_zpssnysimhz.jpg

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Congrats :thumb:

Happy New (to you) Elitist Day

:applause::applause:

who is Joe Perry....:lol:

Cyclave

Reaction score
Also, I'm still a noob when it comes to carrying for non-Fender fretboards (unfinished). What kind of lemon oil do you guys use?

truckermde

Reaction score
Also, I'm still a noob when it comes to carrying for non-Fender fretboards (unfinished). What kind of lemon oil do you guys use?

Congrats! EXCELLENT choice!!

I opt for the Guitar Honey from Gerlitz
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gerlitz-GGH-Guitar-Honey-Fingerboard/dp/B000EEJF4O]Amazon.com: Gerlitz GGH Guitar Honey Fingerboard Oil: Musical Instruments[/ame]

flats750

Reaction score
Congrats! And gotta say as a new Elitist owner myself... They are awesome!

My preference in oil for the fingerboard is plain mineral oil from the pharmacy section. Straight mineral oil with no additives or scent. Wipe on, let sit a minute, wipe off. No need to flood the board, just a light coat.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Congrats! And gotta say as a new Elitist owner myself... They are awesome!

My preference in oil for the fingerboard is plain mineral oil from the pharmacy section. Straight mineral oil with no additives or scent. Wipe on, let sit a minute, wipe off. No need to flood the board, just a light coat.

^^^^^This. So-called "lemon oil" is just mineral oil with added fragrance. True lemon oil (or terpene) is related to that orange de-greaser stuff and would strip the natural oils out of a fretboard. Save your money and use the mineral oil. $1.00 worth will last you a lifetime.

Edit: How rude of me. HNED! Awesome guitar. Yours and mine could be twins. What year is yours? Mine's an '07.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 42

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Duh. :slap: I just re-read your post and saw that yours is an '07 also. I don't know what FujiGen did with the '07 FCB's, but they're just fantastic, as several others have also said!:wow: And they ARE FCB's, not Dirty Lemon or "Orangeburst" like some have tried to say.

Cyclave

Reaction score
Duh. I just re-read your post and saw that yours is an '07 also. I don't know what FujiGen did with the '07 FCB's, but they're just fantastic, as several others have also said! And they ARE FCB's, not Dirty Lemon or "Orangeburst" like some have tried to say.

This guitar is awesome. Plays really well. The owner could have set it up of course, but it didn't get played much as my 2008 G400 is in worse shape fretwise.

I LOVE the fat neck compared to my strat's thin C.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice :drool:
Congratulations and happy NGD :)

Cyclave

Reaction score
I have another question regarding the sizing of the parts. Should I expect the measurements of the hardware and plastics to be metric(Epiphone parts) or standard (Gibson parts)? Will Gibson pup rings fit this for instance?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I replaced the cracked pup rings on my '02 before I sold it, and I'm 90% sure I used metric ones, but I'm sure someone else will confirm or correct me. I do know the knobs are metric, and the bridge fits Gibson posts. And it seems that pickguards and control cavity covers are a size all their own!

gestero

Reaction score
Just an observation, it appears the bridge looks set high on the high "E" opposed to the low"E" set lower?

xland

Reaction score
Wow, that's beautiful!! Congratulations and HNGD!!! Enjoy!!

Latest Threads