NGD - My First Gibson Les Paul

scozz

Reaction score
Congrats @MusicMan,...nice choice! Gibson Studios are some of the best playing Gibsons made, and it seems everyone loves theirs!!

Btw, I agree about the cream plastics. :yesway: Can’t go by me though,...I seem to like cream plastics most all of the time.

Last edited:

MusicMan

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! This guitar is a joy to play. I loved the 2016 SG Faded I had, but this Les Paul is in a league of its own. It's louder, more resonant and overall sounds better. I am extreamly pleased.. just gotta get my hands on some cream or white plastic parts and this guitar, for me, would be perfect!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
It finally happened! Almost 23 years of playing guitar and I finally got a Gibson Les Paul. Me and a buddy went to 3 Long & McQuade stores in one afternoon, which is fun in and of itself, played a bunch of Gibsons and I ended up getting a 2018 Gibson Les Paul Studio in Vintage Burst.
It was the first guitar I tried and I liked it right away. I did go to the other stores and tried several other guitars before I pulled the trigger, but there was something about that LP I just had to have.. Anyway, without further ado..
View attachment 372458
CONGRATS! I bought my first Gibson lp last month [ first and only one ive ever played too :D] 2006 green Gibson Les Paul GT had to scrape up 2800 but it was worth it my best guitar they are beautiful and tons of fun and sound rather good.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
It finally happened! Almost 23 years of playing guitar and I finally got a Gibson Les Paul. Me and a buddy went to 3 Long & McQuade stores in one afternoon, which is fun in and of itself, played a bunch of Gibsons and I ended up getting a 2018 Gibson Les Paul Studio in Vintage Burst.
It was the first guitar I tried and I liked it right away. I did go to the other stores and tried several other guitars before I pulled the trigger, but there was something about that LP I just had to have.. Anyway, without further ado..
View attachment 372458
O Here it is
WIN_20190318_15_39_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190318_19_57_25_Pro.jpg

MusicMan

Reaction score
Can't help but share another pic. Got to use an actual camera (instead of my tablet) outside today this guitar is stunning
2018 Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Burst 1.jpg

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Looks great man! Those GT's are super cool!
Once i get something other than my creaky laptop ill post a vid of how it sounds its got A LOT of sustain+a very classic LP souund.

GT1

Reaction score
Congrats!

Definitely get the Katana. That amp even makes single coil Strats sound amazing!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
You were spot on.. nice and dark now!
View attachment 374064
Shiny and ready for some furious playing i love all my guitars but my Gibson makes me sound competent and feels like butter and rings like a bell :dude: and smells like a pine tree freshener[I know its maple and mahogany] Enjoy your little guy.:fingersx:.

MusicMan

Reaction score
Congrats!

Definitely get the Katana. That amp even makes single coil Strats sound amazing!
That is the plan for sure. It'll be a while though, the LP is on payments so I've got to knock that down a bit first.. I also have to round up a cream pickguard and toggle switch ring. I put cream pickup rings on her tonight, lookg great, byt really has me wanting the whole set even more now lol