NGD - My First Gibson Les Paul

MusicMan

Reaction score
It finally happened! Almost 23 years of playing guitar and I finally got a Gibson Les Paul. Me and a buddy went to 3 Long & McQuade stores in one afternoon, which is fun in and of itself, played a bunch of Gibsons and I ended up getting a 2018 Gibson Les Paul Studio in Vintage Burst.
It was the first guitar I tried and I liked it right away. I did go to the other stores and tried several other guitars before I pulled the trigger, but there was something about that LP I just had to have.. Anyway, without further ado..
20190412_164936_20190412205409050.jpg

MusicMan

Reaction score
Good job!

It probably took a lot of patience checking out the rest after meeting "the one" but it proved it really was the One :)
There was another guitar that was almost "the one" a 2019 Gibson SG Special. That thing was a beast. I would have got that, but my heart was set on a Les Paul so..

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
It finally happened! Almost 23 years of playing guitar and I finally got a Gibson Les Paul. Me and a buddy went to 3 Long & McQuade stores in one afternoon, which is fun in and of itself, played a bunch of Gibsons and I ended up getting a 2018 Gibson Les Paul Studio in Vintage Burst.
It was the first guitar I tried and I liked it right away. I did go to the other stores and tried several other guitars before I pulled the trigger, but there was something about that LP I just had to have.. Anyway, without further ado..
View attachment 372458
Oh that's really NICE. CONGRATS. What are you using to amplify that Beaut?

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not much actually.. I only have a Boss ME-50... Nothing fancy, but serves my purpose. I would like to get a Katana some day
Nuthin Fancy; a fantastic Skynyrd album. "Only schmoly" if it amps, it rocks

Rds

Reaction score
Very nice. Congratulations.

Dougj

Reaction score
Congratulation She's a beauty I really enjoy the Vintage Burst. from the UK

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Cool! I have always been a huge fan of vintage burst. Very classy looking.

Also a huge fan of the Katana. Sounds like you're well on your way to rock n roll Shangri-La.

Congratulations!