NGD (Matsumoku) Westbury Standard

endial

Reaction score
I had one of these in the Eighties, so it goes to show ya how we love to get back what we've lost.

It came with cheapo replacement pups (which sound surprisingly good), lousy-assed tuners, and a pretty horrific setup. I had a spare set of Grovers' that fit, so in they went.

Damn thing plays sweet, has a terrific neck, and sounds like a slab of mahogany should. I'd forgotten that these were pancaked bodies, so that was kind of a surprise. Not bad for a couple of bones. I'm quite pleased.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

It is an almost embarrassingly well made guitar. And it's fun as hell to play.

jay1williams

Reaction score
Sweeet!!!! Congrats!!!

My first electric was this guitar in black w/ cream humbuckers in 1980 :)

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
VERY nice endial. I had a Westbury up until last years guitar purge.

It was a really nice guitar for the money,but GAS sealed it's fate.

Here's a pic of my EX- '77 Performer:

warmachine

Reaction score
I picked up a Westbury Deluxe off craigslist for nothing knowing full well what it was. Kicks ass. Fully stocked with Dimarzios and the sweetest contours a guitar body could have. I'd love to pick up a Standard and drop p-90s in it to seal the Westbury deal :)

endial

Reaction score
I picked up a Westbury Deluxe off craigslist for nothing knowing full well what it was. Kicks ass. Fully stocked with Dimarzios and the sweetest contours a guitar body could have. I'd love to pick up a Standard and drop p-90s in it to seal the Westbury deal :)
Oh, heck yeah!

I'm flirting with getting a pair of Dream 90's as we speak. I gotta let the
crunch of this purchase waver another week or two before I can get crazy.

-That's one of the reasons I mentioned the mahogany slab tone it gives. PERFECT for P-90's (or relative equivalent).

:thumb:

Edit: Cool that you got the stock pickups with your Deluxe. Jealous here.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have a custom s... the 6 way switch is bypassed... original pickups long gone and mix matched tuners lol... they are very well made guitars however.

TP6

Reaction score
Those things are wicked. A mom and pop (since closed) in my area had one in stock and it ripped in crazy ways. Played great and sounded great as well.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
a guy named charles Franciapone has brought em back on the market. I cannot fall in love with mine.. body is small

Caretaker

Reaction score
I know rockinlespaul`s first guitar was one of these. Great cheap guitars.

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Congrats!

"Uncle Mats" made great guitars back then. Shame that the mother compagny had financial problems and they had to close the plant.

warmachine

Reaction score
Congrats!

"Uncle Mats" made great guitars back then. Shame that the mother compagny had financial problems and they had to close the plant.
True that. My Aria Proii's and Westbury are among the best overall fit and finish of my late 1970's electrics.

space

Reaction score
Man thats nice in natural! Do the Performers have similar neck profiles to the Standard or Deluxe models?
cant say
this is the only ones i have
v nice git
PU v similar to the ibanez V2s

Latest Threads