NGD - Martin D-28 Reimagined

Pete M

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just ticked owning a fantastic Martin acoustic off my bucket list. I've played a lot of acoustic guitars over the years and for me Martin is the one where you just go "WOW!" The first time you pick up a good one and play it. The build, the materials, everything is just perfect. It's the acoustic guitar sound I hear in my head.

I really want to like Gibson's acoustics but I've played enough of them now to know the sound is just not there for me. Same with Maton and Cole Clark. Martins look, feel, and most importantly sound incredible to me. I tested this with nearly every other Martin they had in the shop today (about 10 all way more expensive..EC sig, Elvis sig included) and this one blew them all away. The sound and the neck were what did it for me. It's so comfortable to play that all the other necks felt weird. It's so light and I'm completely addicted to playing it right now. I said I'd never buy new guitars again unless they made me want to pick them up and play them all day every day, and this is one of those. :cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:

Attachments

Last edited:

THDNUT

Reaction score
Nice silking on that top. Where did you buy it?

moreles

Reaction score
Finding that inspiring overlap of touch/feel and tonal response is really exciting. I'm not one of those "The One" guitar seekers, because in my experience that's a narrow-minded fantasy concept, but the actual physical/sonic acoustic compatibility is very real. Some guitars just seem to work almost effortlessly that way, while others may feel really good but not really quite that fully. I'm glad you found one that really suits you, and where you brign out something in the guitar as well. I was a Martin guy for a long time... until I wasn't. I still love them, of course, but now it's a '36 Gibson L-00 and a '96 Collins 002HCE for me. Odd how it changes over time for some of us. Though I still can't get on with Taylors very well.

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great guitars! I have one of these and love it. It's just a rock solid all-around great acoustic. The sound it makes is the sound I hear in my head when I imagine what an acoustic should sound like, so I'm very happy.

Enjoy it--you'll love it.!

Pete M

Reaction score
Finding that inspiring overlap of touch/feel and tonal response is really exciting. I'm not one of those "The One" guitar seekers, because in my experience that's a narrow-minded fantasy concept, but the actual physical/sonic acoustic compatibility is very real. Some guitars just seem to work almost effortlessly that way, while others may feel really good but not really quite that fully. I'm glad you found one that really suits you, and where you brign out something in the guitar as well. I was a Martin guy for a long time... until I wasn't. I still love them, of course, but now it's a '36 Gibson L-00 and a '96 Collins 002HCE for me. Odd how it changes over time for some of us. Though I still can't get on with Taylors very well.
A lot of it with acoustic guitars is how they looks for me, but it wasn't until I started trying every guitar I could get my hands on that I really found that there's no substitute for trying before you buy. I would never buy an acoustic guitar online anymore, new or vintage. I've tried so many Gibsons that were beautiful but sounded very average. Not neccessarily endlessly tone searching, but I think you can pick the best one out of a bunch in a guitar store and it can be surprising.

rogue3

Reaction score
awesome score!:dude:.Beautiful.

That's the thing for me.The Martin sound. Picked my first one up in 1979(did not buy it!).Never forgot that rosewood shimmer. Unique.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Congratulations! A gorgeous example of the classic Dreadnought. Beautiful top grain.

An HD-28 was my bucket list buy back in 2015. I know how you feel!

Last edited:

arcticsg

Reaction score
Congratulations, beautiful D-28! Love the top.

Happy NGD to you! :)

Latest Threads