NGD - LP Special

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
I sure will! I have a rehearsal with my trio tonight and one tomorrow night with the run of the mill cover band I play in (which I have the gig with Sat). I’m going to use the Special for all of it.
Trial by Fire! I love it!

:cheers2:

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
9"s ??

On a Wraptail Special??

That had to feel like wet noodles! :eek2:

But I bet the tone is Killer now with the 11's!

Even my 10's feel limp sometimes, which is why I'm kinda thinking 11's for this bad boy!

Let us know in a few days, what your impressions are on the tone and feel of the 11's after your gig! :dude:
I've only got 1 guitar with 11s and it was literally designed for them.

David Grissom has a pretty heavy hand as do I. His signature guitar is tuned for 11s for that reason.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Just got back from trio practice. Initial impression.... plays like a dream and the tone is to die for, it’s all there!

I’m just going to have to get used to the P-90 buzz. My R6 has hum cancelling Fralins in it, which is great, but these Gibson P-90s are special. If they are stock that is... the entire guitar appears to be stock so I assume the pickups are as well.

Last edited:

THDNUT

Reaction score
Congrats Victor! Steve Miller takes care of his guitars, it looks like mint. I have a 2006 model in red.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Just got back from trio practice. Initial impression.... plays like a dream and the tone is to die for, it’s all there!

I’m just going to have to get used to the P-90 buzz. My R6 has him cancelling Fralins in it, which is great, but these Gibson P-90s are special. If they are stock that is... the entire guitar appears to be stock so I assume the pickups are as well.
Victor, may I suggest you call these guys.............fully transparent, works really well: -

A few of my full time pro playing friends swear by the Ilitch products, having been used extensively in the studio & for live work.

My best friend is the agent here if you need an intro (Charles Cilia Custom Guitars)..............just let me know.

Good luck.

Cheers, Rudi

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Thanks Rudi, I’ll be reaching out.. at first glance I’m not sure which one of these products are for P-90s.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Oh yeah! That looks great and the provenance is icing on an already delicious cake. Congrats!

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
On first break at my gig.

The buzz is killing me here, DEF going to order the ILITCH.

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you move around on the stage and get away from the lights a bit?

Turn the amp up more, and the guitar down some maybe?

Good luck Vic!

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Can you move around on the stage and get away from the lights a bit?

Turn the amp up more, and the guitar down some maybe?

Good luck Vic!
Gig is over, I tried everything... buzzed like mad.

I manipulated the volume knobs as best I could to avoid it though.

FKO

Reaction score
P90 rocks! looking forward to some sound clip!

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Gig is over, I tried everything... buzzed like mad.

I manipulated the volume knobs as best I could to avoid it though.
Bummer. Did you try another guitar into the amp? Maybe some dirty power into the amp could have contributed?
My special and my R6 are both fairly quiet, but I'm not around any florescence lighting.

Sorry to hear you were constantly buzzed during your gig. :naughty:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Bummer. Did you try another guitar into the amp? Maybe some dirty power into the amp could have contributed?
My special and my R6 are both fairly quiet, but I'm not around any florescence lighting.

Sorry to hear you were constantly buzzed during your gig. :naughty:
I only brought the Special to this gig... I’ve played this place once before and used my R6 with hum cancelling Fralin P-90s, and it was dead quiet.

Latest Threads