NGD - LP Modern Sweetwater Exclusive

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I saw this and loved it right away. I also found it has an Ebony Fretboard and Tulip Grover Locking Tuners, which I love the best out of all tuners. It also has a nice maple cap, good weight relief at 7.9 lbs, the new headstock design and a super nice back that is carved with easy access to the upper frets. I had 4 to choose from and found a beautiful girl to put on my wall and play for a long time to come.

lpmodern1.jpg

lpmodern2.jpg

lpmodern3.jpg

lpmodern4.jpg

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I took the EVH Woflgang Stealth down off the wall, I just did not jive with it at all. I wanted something with a little bling and was seriously looking at the Gibson Slash Appetite Amber, but the neck on all of those Slash models is just to big for me. I really wanted to like it and tried a few of them, but right off the bat playing it, it just did not feel good to me at all. I picked up the Classic and Traditional Pro V for a few jams, they felt really good. But... they just did not have any color or bling that striked my fancy. I jumped on the web when I got home and this bad girl jumped right out at me pretty quickly, I am so glad I spotted her at Sweetwater. I can't wait to get her and almost paid express shipping to get it tomorrow or Friday. I put on the brakes and said to myself, save the money you will get it next Tuesday which is fine.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, something a bit different and just wicked cool!

revtime

Reaction score
Most of the modern finishes i dont like. But that one reminds me of blood in water. Very cool.

Fuelish

Reaction score
I don't care much for the "Gibson inspired" or whatever headstocks....I prefer the old clipped corner Epi headstocks, honestly. Call me crazy, that's OK...I am. Looks like a sweet guitar, though....enjoy!!!

truckermde

Reaction score
I don't care much for the "Gibson inspired" or whatever headstocks....I prefer the old clipped corner Epi headstocks, honestly. Call me crazy, that's OK...I am. Looks like a sweet guitar, though....enjoy!!!
I really dig the new headstock, but if I could be completely honest, I liked the old one just fine, too.

Never been a big participant in the "Great Headstock Debate" :)

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, and I really like the new headstock better without the clipped edges. I am so impatient, I should have express shipped it so I could jam with it this weekend. But I'm ok... really. :Ohno:

Last edited:

truckermde

Reaction score
And I also forgot to say: That is one awesome looking guitar!

Epiphone is really taking things to the next level these days!

HNGD :)

Well chosen :cheers2:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I am glad you got that one, because SW is no longer listing a LP Modern in that finish, and the other finishes are shown as backordered. Now, I don't need another guitar as my little music room is totally out of space. But I would like ask about the neck on your guitar. You see, I like mine nice and thin, due to my small hands and fingers. So how is the neck on your guitar?

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I am seeing the Graphite Black, Orange and this exact one listed at Sweetwater with 4 to choose from.

fry

Reaction score
Radio blue please!
I’m not a Trogly fanatic, but I did just watch his latest video which shows that guitar in detail. I like the blue, I slightly prefer the pelham. The thing is, the radio blue is one color front and back, and I love the natural finish back on the other models. Also, he found something interesting when he thoroughly went over the electric blue. Inside the pickup cavities there was red paint, you could tell that it was a repainted guitar.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, I saw the video and I am the complete opposite on this, I don't like the Radio Blue and Love this Shark Attack much better! haha

The Pelham Blue is nice but the sprayed over Radio Blue is just to much and very very bright.

Latest Threads