NGD - LP Custom Shop Elegant

Mark B.

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought this near mint 2002 CS Elegant today. I've got a couple of sunburst LPs so thought I'd try something different. It's my first Custom Shop so I'm very excited about it. There's no buckle rash and the frets have no wear. The neck is really nice, it has a comfortable slim taper neck and the neck pickup is warm and punchy. As it's a later Elegant it doesn't have the crest on the headstock, just the Custom Shop logo on the back of the neck / headstock.

I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Thanks for looking.

5.jpg

1.jpg

hotshot

Reaction score
I'm guessing you are going to have a happy new guitar day !!!!! LOL. That is a looker !!!!!!

Mark B.

Reaction score
Yes it's not for shrinking violets.

I was looking around for R9 and R0s, but all of them had chunky necks and they didn't seem that much different to my 22 Ice Tea Standard. But I wanted a Custom Shop so this seemed to fit the bill.

Strangely I've never been much of a fan of quilted maple tops, but as I approach 50, they seem to make more sense. It's another midlife crisis I'm guessing. I bought a red Ferrari 360 and an orange 1970 Dodge Challenger too so my crisis is off the scale.

MorphineNoir

Reaction score
Yes it's not for shrinking violets.

I was looking around for R9 and R0s, but all of them had chunky necks and they didn't seem that much different to my 22 Ice Tea Standard. But I wanted a Custom Shop so this seemed to fit the bill.

Strangely I've never been much of a fan of quilted maple tops, but as I approach 50, they seem to make more sense. It's another midlife crisis I'm guessing. I bought a red Ferrari 360 and an orange 1970 Dodge Challenger too so my crisis is off the scale.

Congrats on the new guitar, Ferrari and Challenger

searswashere

Reaction score
Congrats, looks very unique! I get Jupiter red dot vibes. You could say your new guitar is out of this world ;)

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That’s a really nice top. Quilts sometimes get to be much, or have an odd kind of foggy look. That’s very very nice! What kind of pickups do these have?

Tollie

Reaction score
I obviously approve of the Challenger purchase. Congrats.

Mark B.

Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure on the pickups. 57 Classics maybe?

Deftone

Reaction score
I used to play an LP Elegant down at Guitar Center in San Jose. I fell in love with that guitar. That one had a clear finish over a tight flame.

Congrats on the new guitar/car day. Hope you continue to enjoy your mid life crisis as much as I am enjoying mine.

DaveSG

Reaction score
That is gorgeous, and not even a pickguard hole. VERY well done!

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Hey, as long as you're on a tear, how about funding my dental work? :laugh2:
Very nice quilt top!! Love the color, pure amber.

Latest Threads