NGD - LP Classic Translucent Cherry.

Six6String6

Reaction score
So I dropped into my local shop to pick up a pedal and saw this sweet looking Gibson hanging on the wall. That translucent cherry color, the Zebra pick ups, it just looked so nice. I instantly thought how nice it would look beside my Ice Tea 50’s Standard. Low and behold the little bugger followed me home. So here she is.

C285C12D-4540-47D8-AE30-70F78693F12F.jpg
BC38C910-D274-40DD-B87F-50C665D8D122.jpg
315D9F4A-21AD-497C-ACA7-5F6A0CB0B007.jpg

Peter M

Reaction score
Nothing beats the feeling of pulling a nice one off the rack. Sweet Classic, enjoy.

Saiko

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar, congrats!!!

Soulloud

Reaction score
I bought one just like it a couple of months ago. It plays great. It just feels right. If you want the fret board darker use some f-one fret board cleaner on it It will looks great with the darker board if that appeals to you at all. I like tinkering so I’m considering some throback pickups and 50s wiring. Congratulations. Hope it’s everything you hope it will be.

Six6String6

Reaction score
Yes I noticed the fretboard looked a bit light. It needs the usual in coming treatment. New strings as they feel a bit grubby, bit of Fretboard 65. Other than that it’s perfect. I’ve been searching for a flaw but I’m hard pressed to find one. It’s really sweet

Six6String6

Reaction score
Date on the data sheet says 12/10/20. Wish people would standardize dates so we always know if it’s month first or date!
Funny thing, the model number on the Gibson data card is different than what’s recorded on the bill of sale. If I Google the one on the bill that guitar comes up all over the place.
The model number on the data card does not show up on a search. I’m sure it’s nothing as it is a reputable shop from where I bought it. I’ll call around tomorrow to get it sorted.

Soulloud

Reaction score
When I cleaned my fretboard with fretboard cleaner the white cloth turned kind of red. Overspray maybe? I can’t put this thing down.

JMP

Reaction score
I just love that cherry color. Congratulations!

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Date on the data sheet says 12/10/20. Wish people would standardize dates so we always know if it’s month first or date!
Funny thing, the model number on the Gibson data card is different than what’s recorded on the bill of sale. If I Google the one on the bill that guitar comes up all over the place.
The model number on the data card does not show up on a search. I’m sure it’s nothing as it is a reputable shop from where I bought it. I’ll call around tomorrow to get it sorted.
I just went through this. You have to look at the date of the article when googling because of changes in formula. Several of the daters I put my number in haven't been updated and give the wrong date.
For newer stuff it's YDDDY 12/10/20 should be 23450 since '20 was a leap year
....the way I understand it at least

Six6String6

Reaction score
Turns out the model number is good. Confirmed with both Gibson USA and Yorkville Sound this morning. Turns out that Gibson sometimes reuse a model number so when Yorkville try’s to enter it in there system it won’t work. Yorkville then alters the model number for Canadian items.
Glad to sort that out

pondcaster

Reaction score
Congrats on your NGD! Yours is very nice looking, without a doubt. Sweet rig, also.

Hope you enjoy in good health for many years to come.

Yep, red LPs rock. Although I don't play mine any where near enough due to a few others that are constantly in my hands, Red is a blast. Always the first one friends grab to play.

Last edited:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Badass….classics rule

the red is beautiful…love everything about your new lester

congrats…

-chris

Latest Threads