NGD...long time in the making: 1996 Classic PremiumPlus

Homebrw

Reaction score
Happy new guitar month to me. It seems weird to say day, because it was such a looong time in the making. I bought this girl sight unseen the first week of January, and I have just now met her for the first time 4 months later. Talk about delayed gratification!

I have just fallen in love! It is EVERYTHING I wanted in my first Gibby: 60s neck, no pickguard, Honey Burst Finish, not too greeny on inlays, solid 1 piece body, etc. The best part: not a nick, dent or buckle rash on it. The case too is pretty much dead mint. She slept under the bed for sure. Not bad for a 20 year old Lester.
The PUs were also upgraded w/ 57 Classic and Classic +.

Buying a guitar sight unseen can be a very risky proposition, but in this case, I feel like I nailed it. Maybe I overpaid, but IMO it's a real stunner...for amber waves of grain! Classic is a good name for this guitar.

Time to sell the Epi Tribute Plus, as I do not see it getting much action.

Thanks for teaching me so much in this nice forum.

Chris

TP6

Reaction score
Gorgeous top! Almost makes me want to sell mine :laugh2:

HNGD :cheers2:

Homebrw

Reaction score
Incroyable :shock:
Je suis d'accord avec toi.

I will have to wait another 2 months to play her again. Just home on a visit. Moving in with her in July.

After that it could be as late as September until I get my amp and plug this baby in. Using a Vox headphone dealie now.

Rock City

Reaction score
Near cousin to mine '96. I got it with 498t/490r and chaged with Ants. In JMP 50w it plays like dream.
Classics are still underatted Gibsons, unfortunate to their former owners

Lucidsounds

Reaction score
That ticks all the right boxes for me. Thin neck, great top, ABR bridge and Classic 57s. :)

Stevie 202

Reaction score
^^^
They really are great guitars.
Love love love my 2012 Classic Plus

skelt101

Reaction score
Sorry Homebrw, EPIC FAIL!!! Look at the thick jack plate on that thing! There's absolutely NO WAY it can sound even half-way decent. Just kidding, of course! Beautiful LP Classic you have there! :thumb:

Craig Sock

Seen my keys?
Reaction score

You have got to be kidding; someone sold that guitar?

What a shocking beauty, very happy NGD.

ddh101

Reaction score
That is one fine looking instrument. Hope it sounds equally fine. Congrats

MSB

Reaction score
she's so pretty, i'd even take her to dinner first

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
That guitar is crying for aged hardware and historic plastic!!!!!!Also check out a butter scotch switch tip. That guitar is incredible and the color is stunning.

HEADKNOCKER

Banned
Reaction score
This guitar is crying to be naturally aged by playing the $#!+ out of it 8-10 hours a day or more..
I love me a Honey Burst/Trans Amber Les Paul

Homebrw

Reaction score
Near cousin to mine '96. I got it with 498t/490r and chaged with Ants. In JMP 50w it plays like dream.
Classics are still underatted Gibsons, unfortunate to their former owners
Love to see a photo of her cousin!

Homebrw

Reaction score
That guitar is crying for aged hardware and historic plastic!!!!!!Also check out a butter scotch switch tip. That guitar is incredible and the color is stunning.
Thank for the "tip.". The switch tip is the only thing I don't like. It just seems too artificial/yellow. As for the rest, I'm going to put some time into her and take it slow.

Thanks,
Chris

Latest Threads