NGD - Les Paul Traditional Pro V

metalmike222

Reaction score
A few years ago I was scanning through Facebook and I came across an ad for Gibson. I'm a bit of a fan boy for Gibson, and Les Paul guitars in general but this one REALLY caught my eye. It was a Les Paul in a finish I had never seen before. It was called Blueberry Burst, and for the first time, I had an actual Wayne's World response to seeing it... "It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine." Well, several years went by and I was never able to pick one up. Mainly because while I could go and pay cash for one without really making much of a dent at all in our finances, my wife is ALWAYS convinced that we're completely broke. Doesn't matter how much we have in the bank, she acts like she doesn't know how we're going to pay for our next meal.
Anyway, at the beginning of 2020 I hatched a plan. I could pick up several guitars over a year or two at pawn shops, always putting them on layaway and never dropping too much money at once so that my wife didn't have a panic attack. Once I had enough guitars, I could sell them all and finally get my dream guitar. Well, that plan has finally paid off. We were given a pretty generous cash gift for Christmas and even though I didn't yet have enough guitars that I was OK with selling to pay for the whole thing, my wife (after some negotiation) was willing to let me cover the rest with the cash from Christmas. I sold a black 2012 Les Paul Studio (that I had only had for about a month), a 2019 Les Paul Tribute, and a 2017 PRS SE Custom 24. I even made a little money on the guitars. Took the cash and went straight to Guitar Center on December 26th. Today my guitar came in and so far, I couldn't be happier...

The top and finish is pretty much everything I hoped it would be. Not an ounce of buyer's remorse so far.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blueberry burst is maybe the most intricate, unique, badass burst in a quarter century...

i love yours...

Whoever painted it is a fantastic artist...wow

so happy for you on a badass lester in every single way :h5:

-chris

metalmike222

Reaction score
Probably going to remove the pickguard and the poker chip, and maybe swap out the top hat knobs for speed knobs. Just personal preference.

Saiko

Reaction score
Very nice guitar, the Blueberry Burst looks awesome! Congrats on the NGD!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Very nice, Congrats, she is a beauty! I hope you keep her for a very long time.

I had a Blueberry Burst the end of 2016 when they came out. Loved that guitar and got rid if it after I picked up my Les Paul Custom Yellow Widow Burst. I just picked up a Blueberry Fade Les Paul, that looks like a Shark Attack. haha

metalmike222

Reaction score
That's an awesome looking finish. Never seen one quite like it.

JMP

Reaction score
The only blue Les Paul colors I’ve liked have been the metallic LP Deluxe models from the 70s and the Chicago blue color. But, your blueberry burst looks stunning! Congratulations!

Is it brand new or gently used?

metalmike222

Reaction score
Brand new.
The minute I saw this finish in that Facebook ad years ago, I knew I had to have one.

metalmike222

Reaction score
Just weighed mine and it clocks in at exactly 10.5 pounds. Nice and hefty for a modern LP. My 79 Standard is only 12 pounds.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
What is the neck on the Blueberry Burst you picked up, mine was the Slim Taper Asymmetrical?

Latest Threads