NGD Les Paul Trad Pro V Satin

questionman

Reaction score
So I got one of these bodies from Stratosphere today

First off, this one is light, hair under 7lbs

I have yet to play an asymmetrical neck, from the feel of it its drastically thinner than any other LP I have owned but not super uncomfortable to play. Also has the compound radius neck. TBH.....running my hand up and down the neck I don't feel much of a change with no strings on. Fretboard is dry as sand but has some cool grain to it, should clean up nicely

Also appears to be a single piece hog body?

The satin finish is very polished to the point it doesn't feel like satin. Its slightly glossy. I really dig it and can't wait to play it

Plans for hardware
Currently have a USA Nashville bridge and tailpiece, grover tuners, CTS 500k pots (caps to be decided have some .022s on hand but were going to need something better to serve the pickups), SD Slash humbuckers I have been playing for 6 years, some black pickup rings, need to order the pickguard and poker chip (white) with some gold speed knobs -- Jimmy Page much?........

Some pics

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

IMG_3440.JPG

questionman

Reaction score
Yeah, I almost went with one of the bursts but I didnt have a red LP and this one was the lightest one they had in stock

C Squared

Reaction score
All of the wine reds I've seen have been more of a dull gloss than a full on satin. The neck on my hog top is definitely slim but has become my favorite to play. The action with the compound radius is ridiculously low. Looks like a maple top on yours. Look forward to seeing it finished

Hamtone

Reaction score
Oh wow i had forgotten about these guys.... Nice score

I found where to get a proper case, for under 300, and where ill get my next project. My next one is going to get some other throbak's not sure which yet.

JMP

Reaction score
Nice. I like that’s red. Should be a sweet guitar once you have it all together.

Spazeack

Reaction score
What is the deal with that company how do they get so many guitar husks? Prices seem a bit high to.

questionman

Reaction score
Finally got around to finishing up the wiring today. These 2 make a great pair together, played Number of the Beast and the first half of Peace of Mind back to back with them

Specs on the LP
Grovers
SD Slash
500K pots with 50s wiring (need new caps just threw some orange drops in I had laying around)
Old USA Nashville bridge (really do not like these things) and tailpiece
Gold Speed Knobs because Mr. Page
Need to get a white pickguard, tried black and wasn't into it

The asymmetrical neck is interesting, I don't notice it much when playing below the 7th fret but from there up its noticable. Definitely a thinner neck than I am used to. Pairs nicely with the thin Explorer neck though, I was doing my Maiden rounds the other night and had a itch for some Ozzy so I went to grab my white LPC and it felt like a monster, super fat neck and body. So at least I have something comparable. Ill do a Guns n Roses playthrough of Live Era tonight after a couple drinks, see what this guitar can do

Oh and the satin finish is dreamy. As someone plagued with sweaty hands I hate the sticky feeling of anything gloss, I imagine this will wear down nicely over the years

222659353_217549100385401_2454417152022140015_n.jpg

Sybex7254

Reaction score
Yeah, I almost went with one of the bursts but I didnt have a red LP and this one was the lightest one they had in stock
I just order one of The bursts yesterday! Planning on giving an R8 feel and use the BB1&2 pickups I have and all aged nickel hardware…figured the satin finish might go well with the aged hardware.

endial

Reaction score
Beautiful Wino. Way cool guitar.

Not to burst your bubble. but there's clearly a seam down the center of the back. Doesn't take away from it being a nice guitar, though.

Enjoy!

Latest Threads