NGD: Les Paul Standard 60s Unburst

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you that responded in my other thread, she's here! I can't begin to express how thrilled I am to finally have a Gibson Les Paul.

I have to give props to Rob and the team at Moore Guitars in Evansville, IN for a smooth and awesome transaction. They even threw in some extra case candy (including some local coffee)! @integra evan nailed it in the other thread. She looks even better in person. I let Rob know the pics online were very well done but they still didn't do her justice. I was nervous spending so much sight unseen but I couldn't be happier with the results.

I snuck away from work (thank your work from home!) and I've played through both my Marshal Origin 20 and DSL1. She sounds great both clean and getting her a little dirty. :) The neck feels great and while there are still some things I can't do despite the thin profile neck due to my arthritic hand, I think it'll work out just fine. Ok, enough blabbering. Here are some pics. And then I'm off to play!

case-1024.jpg

front-in-case-1024.jpg

candy1-1024.jpg

bridge2-1024.jpg

Crappy pic of the back but it looks great, too.
back-1024.jpg

First sound test. You can see the Origin reflected in the pickup covers.
playing-1024.jpg

I was a little surprised at how much shorter Jenny is than my Epi '59.
with-59-1024.jpg

Zylo

Reaction score
How is the neck compared to the 59 please?

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Zylo, measurement-wise, the neck width is almost spot on between them. Profile-wise, the slim taper on the 60 is smaller. With my arthritis I love the 59 but it can be hard to play and my hand usually hurts the next day. The 60s neck feels like a glove. If I can find my contour gauge I'll grab some pics.

The Marshal reflection was an unplanned bonus. :p

I tell ya guys, I'm loving her.

DaveSG

Reaction score
Holy cow!! I didn't recognize you from the other thread!! Now I've made the connection! Oh, this is awesome. I'm so happy for you man. I'm glad you saw it through. Even if taken out for just a few minutes at a time, you will really come to enjoy this guitar, and even just staring at it - they are art.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The mineral flecks definitely drew me to her with the character they add. I am so glad the other guitars I was after slipped through my fingers.

@DaveSG I'll definitely be posting more. I'm hoping to get into some natural lighting tomorrow and I'll try to use my mirrorless camera instead of the phone. I can't wait for Gibsunday! :p You're also right about the staring. I don't think I'm going to be very productive the rest of the week.

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you that responded in my other thread, she's here! I can't begin to express how thrilled I am to finally have a Gibson Les Paul. I snuck away from work (thank your work from home!) and I've played through both my Marshal Origin 20 and DSL1. She sounds great both clean and getting her a little dirty. :)
There is nothing better unpacking a new Gibson..Nothing! Congrats, and I am sure this won't be the last for you. I love the plain top too....and then there are the sounds, and guitars have a tendency last a lifetime. :cheers2:

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm going to be selling a lot of kidneys in the future. I'm taking donations. :)

I haven't even mentioned the smell. I still have the scent of the case lingering in my nostrils. It was like fingers of magic flickering out of the opening as I raised the lid.

Non-rabbit

Reaction score
That is complete awesomeness. I'm with you on the neck too, it's worth it to have something that makes you want to (and able to!) play more. Congratulations on a wonderful wonderful guitar!

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Those mineral streaks are killer! Just a great look overall. Nothing says ROCK quite like a Grover'd LP.

Congrats!

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a spectacular top!!! I love that. Mega congrats.

Latest Threads