NGD: Les Paul Standard 60s Iced Tea

jims98z28

Reaction score
Wow, very nice, I like it. Congrats!

I live in Santee, so the La Mesa store is my goto GC as well.
Right on.
I don’t know if you have a salesman you typically work with, but a guy named Dan helped me. He was great, real nice guy. Loves Les Pauls just like the rest of us. He was just as excited as i was when we opened the box. Cool dude

Wow!,...Congrats on that sweet Iced Tea Burst, hope you enjoy in good health for many years to come!

If you're not opposed to these types of things please think about joining our New Originals Club.

If so, would be great to have yours in there. If not, no big deal. Thanks!
I’ll check that out for sure, thanks

vlivecch

Reaction score
I have one, which I got from Sweetwater on a trip through Indiana… The sales guy found this one in the back as a return and I got an even better price… It’s a beaut for sure and a joy to play

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had that GAS latelty. I tried to resist, especially with the recent price hikes. But I decided to check out my local Guitar center for the heck of it.
Guitar center has their Guitar-a-thon going on right now. Everything is on sale. Standard 50s marked down to $2199, Standard 60s are $2099.
I am very jelly!

I have a near-identical guitar, a Std. '60s in triburst, a GC-only limited edition. After the setup was dialed in, a few other guitarists said it was one of the best they had ever played.

I am jelly because I got mine in April, well before the price hikes, but it was $2500. You lucky dog! You got one for $400 less, even with the current prices. I love the finish, and nice job on fingerboard.

Please let us know how it plays.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Guitar Center has their Guitar-a-thon going on right now ... Standard 50s marked down to $2199, Standard 60s are $2099. Add in 48 month 0% financing and I was sold. I'll probably have it payed off in under a year just because I dont like to finance.
Yes, you got a great deal. Additionally, with the "GC gear card" financing you got you will also be getting a $105 Gear Card certificate which is just like cash as GC, so your discounts just keep coming. Awesome! Since 0% financing, just make the minimum payments; nothing gained by paying off sooner.

GC only has the Trad Pro V's on sale on the Internet, so this looks like "in store only" sale prices. That being the case, I bet others may be able to get their local or other stores to match GC. If any one was considering getting one, this is clearly the time. I am also curious what GC has in mind next month for holiday sales.

jims98z28

Reaction score
I am very jelly!

I have a near-identical guitar, a Std. '60s in triburst, a GC-only limited edition. After the setup was dialed in, a few other guitarists said it was one of the best they had ever played.

I am jelly because I got mine in April, well before the price hikes, but it was $2500. You lucky dog! You got one for $400 less, even with the current prices. I love the finish, and nice job on fingerboard.

Please let us know how it plays.
I got really lucky getting it for that price. I had no idea it was on sale until the salesman told me. Honestly I probably would have bought it at $2500. its that nice
It plays wonderfully and has a very nice sound too it. Very different than my other guitars, but still unmistakably Les Paul
My only complaint? Damn thing wants to fall off my leg when I'm playing it sitting down. I'm sure thats due to the non weight relieved body. Not a big deal just something I need to be aware of. I almost dropped it once :Ohno:

Yes, you got a great deal. Additionally, with the "GC gear card" financing you got you will also be getting a $105 Gear Card certificate which is just like cash as GC, so your discounts just keep coming. Awesome! Since 0% financing, just make the minimum payments; nothing gained by paying off sooner.

GC only has the Trad Pro V's on sale on the Internet, so this looks like "in store only" sale prices. That being the case, I bet others may be able to get their local or other stores to match GC. If any one was considering getting one, this is clearly the time. I am also curious what GC has in mind next month for holiday sales.
I forgot all about the cash back coming my way. Good call, I could use another amp :thumb:
Yeah there is no rush paying it off I just dont like stretching it out that far. Plus is nice to have the balance low incase I come across another good deal.

I'm not sure what's going on with the sale. He said "guitar-a-thon" which is mentioned on their website but he also mentioned the prices were in store only. I did see the Traditional Pro V in store at that same sale price listed online.
The Standards were still marked at the old price pre increase. He said something about that too, sadly I forgot. Dude talked real fast, so I didnt catch everything he said. But I do know the sale just started and they hadn't gotten all the sale tags on the guitars yet
They had a 58 Historic I was drooling over, he said $500 off that one. So temping

So yeah, if anyones in the market, its worth a trip to Guitar center to check things out.

EDIT TO ADD: Looks like others aren't seeing any sales at their local stores. So maybe call before you head over. I'd hate for people to waste time going there if I got some bad info or, more likely, I missunderstood

Last edited:

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got really lucky getting it for that price. I had no idea it was on sale until the salesman told me. Honestly I probably would have bought it at $2500. its that nice
It plays wonderfully and has a very nice sound too it. Very different than my other guitars, but still unmistakably Les Paul
My only complaint? Damn thing wants to fall off my leg when I'm playing it sitting down. I'm sure thats due to the non weight relieved body. Not a big deal just something I need to be aware of. I almost dropped it once :Ohno:
I'm sure you will adapt to playing it seated with a little time. As I said, but was $2500 back in April, and it was a good buy. Saving $400 doesn't suck. Combine that with the ~$100 in points (after 45 days or so) is enough to get a decent amp.

Killer price for a great-looking guitar that is a good player? I think you did very well for yourself!

gball

Reaction score
I'm in downtown San Diego - need to free up some time and get over there.

Peter M

Reaction score
Beau-tea-ful Paul, grats.

Cool GC story. I recently scored a new Classic there for $1600... one of my best Pauls to date.

jims98z28

Reaction score
Oh man, I'm real sorry to hear some of you aren't seeing any sales. Maybe its a store by store thing? They're independently owned I believe. Maybe it was just a local thing or a Columbus Day sale? I didnt ask when the sale was over. I'm real sorry if thats the case.
I know it wasn't just a good deal for me, I wouldn't have qualified for the 48 month interest free if that was the case.

Here's my receipt. Maybe you can get them to price match?
IMG_9740.jpg

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm real sorry to hear some of you aren't seeing any sales. Maybe its a store by store thing? They're independently owned I believe. Maybe it was just a local thing or a Columbus Day sale? I didnt ask when the sale was over. I'm real sorry if thats the case.
I know it wasn't just a good deal for me, I wouldn't have qualified for the 48 month interest free if that was the case.

Here's my receipt. Maybe you can get them to price match? View attachment 565767
I totally didn’t doubt you. I do think you lucked into it though. Congrats

jims98z28

Reaction score
I totally didn’t doubt you. I do think you lucked into it though. Congrats
Thanks,

I just feel a little bad that I told people to go check out the sale and there ended up not being one.

Oh well, not sure how I got the deal I did, but I sure wont complain!

Slingknees

Reaction score
That is a beaut,. All the new standards up here in Canada I've seen have really pale fret boards, first dark one I see I'm grabbing
If you’re anywhere near North Bay the Long and McQuade there had a really nice heritage cherry 50’s that has a dark fretboard- last I was in was a while ago but I loved that one.

Latest Threads