NGD: Les Paul Standard 60s Iced Tea

jims98z28

Reaction score
I've had that GAS latelty. I tried to resist, especially with the recent price hikes. But I decided to check out my local Guitar center for the heck of it.
Guitar center has their Guitar-a-thon going on right now. Everything is on sale. Standard 50s marked down to $2199, Standard 60s are $2099. Add in 48 month 0% financing and I was sold. I'll probably have it payed off in under a year just because I dont like to finance
The gentleman that helped me was great. He pulled a guitar from that back, new in the box, for me to check out. We both had the same reaction when we saw it, "woah". This guitar is gorgeous. I knew right then it was coming home with me, I plugged it in and basically did a function test and then slapped down the CC and was out the door.
The fret board is a little light, but I'll oil that up, no biggie. Other than that everything looks great. Gibson had a blank truss rod cover in the box to go along with the typical Standard script one, Nice touch. I may swap that on.

So if you're bummed about the price hike, check out your local guitar center and see what's on sale. The sale just started so they didnt have everything marked down, so be sure to ask. I know guitar center gets a bad rap here sometimes, and rightfully so. But my local store (La Mesa) has always been great.

EDIT TO ADD: Looks like others aren't seeing any sales at their local stores. So maybe call before you head over. I'd hate for people to waste time going there if I got some bad info or, more likely, I missunderstood

Anyway, here's a pic

IMG_9737.jpg

Last edited:

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Beautiful! Are you in the San Diego area? I used to live in that area and loved it.

Your Les Paul looks Stunning! Beautiful top!

jims98z28

Reaction score
Yes sir. I'm in Poway.
The San Marcos store is a little closer but the La Mesa store has a much better inventory. Plus that room full of historics that I love to drool in

Last edited:

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a nice top! That new guitar rush is calling me!

Saiko

Reaction score
Wow, that's one of the best-looking tops I've seen on a recent Standard. I would have made the same decision, especially at that price. Congrats and happy NGD!

Scotheath

Reaction score
That is a beaut,. All the new standards up here in Canada I've seen have really pale fret boards, first dark one I see I'm grabbing

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Yes sir. I'm in Poway.
The San Marcos store is a little closer but the La Mesa store has a much better inventory. Plus that room full of historic that I love to drool in
Very cool - I know that area well - my sister used to live close to Poway High School up off Espola Way :)

jims98z28

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm thrilled to find this one, especially on sale.
I wanted a 60s as I much prefer the slim necks but the 50s seem to get the nicer tops. Even the display for the 60s had a rather dull top so when he pulled this one out... love at first sight

Very cool - I know that area well - my sister used to live close to Poway High School up off Espola Way :)
Awesome, I'm right down the street from there

Shelkonnery

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's beautiful!
And what a great deal on this new Standard! Solid body, ABR1 and Grovers. Doesn't get much better than this. Congrats and HNGD!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Wow, very nice, I like it. Congrats!

I live in Santee, so the La Mesa store is my goto GC as well.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Congratulations and happy NGD :)

pondcaster

Reaction score
Wow!,...Congrats on that sweet Iced Tea Burst, hope you enjoy in good health for many years to come!

If you're not opposed to these types of things please think about joining our New Originals Club.

If so, would be great to have yours in there. If not, no big deal. Thanks!

Latest Threads