NGD - Les Paul Special Tribute Worn White (CME exclusive)

rxbandit

Reaction score
Just got this in yesterday, have only played unplugged but first impressions are great. One of the exclusive colors Chicago Music Exchange has in at the moment. Extremely resonant one piece body, plays great. Have a slight buzzing on the low E but a little tweak of the truss rod will fix that. I really like this worn white faded finish, works very well on this model. There's a lot of depth to it up close, not just flat white. Fretboard is a little dry, gonna oil it (or submerge in water :laugh2:) when I change strings next. I have band practice later today so will update once I've tried it through my amp and pedals. So far, so good! Here's a few pics:

Last edited:

LocoTex

Reaction score
Can't view the pictures. Anyone else?

LocoTex

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Melody Maker with that white finish. A lot of players say that it's not how it should be done, or it looks cheap......I disagree. I really love the feel of unfilled mahogany. The texture is almost sensuous in feel, and it's like you're more connected to the wood.

Enjoy that Special, and post more pictures any time you feel like it!

moreles

Reaction score
Nice guitar -- really nice look. As for the finish, it is what it is. On the one hand, it feels vaguely like an old finish even though new, and it's nice and thin. On the other hand, it won't age or wear well at all over time. I'm not a fan at all of unfilled wood; it feels way better than a rubbery new finish, that's for sure, but not (IMO) nearly as good as an older, dried finish. Everything's a compromise unless you dump tons of money into it, and this guitar looks to me like the value is invested in the most important places.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Nice guitar -- really nice look. As for the finish, it is what it is. On the one hand, it feels vaguely like an old finish even though new, and it's nice and thin. On the other hand, it won't age or wear well at all over time. I'm not a fan at all of unfilled wood; it feels way better than a rubbery new finish, that's for sure, but not (IMO) nearly as good as an older, dried finish. Everything's a compromise unless you dump tons of money into it, and this guitar looks to me like the value is invested in the most important places.
I'm actually a big fan of the finish, especially on the neck. Plays great, and looks great too (imo)

rxbandit

Reaction score
Just got back from practice. Ended up playing it for every song to see if it could handle everything - and it did! Pickups sound great, the bridge especially. The bridge is a rock machine, absolutely rips through my Orange Rockerverb. The pickups clean up very nice as well. All in all, she's a keeper for sure :dude:

Gonna look for a used hard case asap, a gig bag for a guitar with an angled headstock is heartbreak waiting to happen.

Edit: Forgot to mention - tuning was rock solid the entire practice, very impressed.

Last edited:

Latest Threads