NGD Les Paul Special Double Cut TV Yellow

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
New 2015 Les Paul Special Double Cut day.

My first Les Paul DC and my first P90 guitar.

The guitar is in near mint condition and I got the original gold colored case with all the case candy.

Just got the guitar yesterday evening, but I already love the guitar’s look, the rolled neck, and the crazy mustard yellow color. The slug P90's sound good with my Vibrolux. Smooth and warm sounding. I haven't had much time to test the guitar with my Marshalls yet.

Yes, is the "dreaded 2015 Special” with the G-Force "Robot Tuners". Not a fan, and the G-Force tuners got to go...real soon.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

endial

Reaction score
Nice.
Probably one of two 2015's I'd even bother to own, the other being the Junior.

* I think @AlvisX has one of these in the tobacco burst finish.

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Just spent an hour playing it. Like it a lot.

The G-Force Tuners do seem to hold tune once you tune them manually.

Telechamp

Reaction score
Congrats. I love mine. I also was planning on taking the G-Force tuners off, but they have worked flawlessly on mine for three years - so until they break, they're staying on..

i9cIlRi.jpg

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, you're doing it wrong. You can break the tuners that way.

Peace

Rex
I've read that you can tune it manually with the unit turned off. I tried using it automated and it would never go into standard tuning.

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried the G-Force tuner again tonight. I could not get the guitar into tune automatically, I had to manually tune with the system off.

I still really like the guitar. I’ll probably change out the tuners this weekend.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
With all due respect, you're doing it wrong. You can break the tuners that way.

Peace

Rex
You can manually tune with them all day, every day- they just feel like a sack of smashed buttholes when you do.

As long as the unit is powered off, the tuners are just a set of excrutiatingly high-ratio geared tuning machines.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
I tried the G-Force tuner again tonight. I could not get the guitar into tune automatically, I had to manually tune with the system off.

I still really like the guitar. I’ll probably change out the tuners this weekend.
It looks like yours got the titanium nut upgrade at some point.

If you haven’t already, download the manual for the tuner, and run through the calibration accuracy-setting routine. It seems to greatly improve how they function, and may change your experience with them.

ETA: sweet looking guitar BTW. I was really tempted by Sam Ash’s clearance on them last year, and still kick myself for not getting one in that exact color. Really like the cases they came in, too.

Telechamp

Reaction score
It looks like yours got the titanium nut upgrade at some point.

If you haven’t already, download the manual for the tuner, and run through the calibration accuracy-setting routine. It seems to greatly improve how they function, and may change your experience with them.

ETA: sweet looking guitar BTW. I was really tempted by Sam Ash’s clearance on them last year, and still kick myself for not getting one in that exact color. Really like the cases they came in, too.

Yep. Download the manual for the tuner.

smk506

Reaction score
I love my '15, force and all. Should have gotten one of those too, or the less plus gold top with p90s. I kinda hope the stigma on that year stays so the resale value stays nice and low, I'm more often a buyer than seller though.

Nice score, and definitely download the manual and reset the unit, see if that helps. I was a bit put off by the concept, but in practice it has been great to not have to dick around with it.

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
I've read that you can tune it manually with the unit turned off . . .

You can manually tune with them all day, every day- . . .

Hmm, I guess I was wrong.

@Gridlock : nice guitar, I should say. I have one of the 2015 Juniors from the Sam Ash blowout and I love it.

The G-Force on mine works pretty well. There have been two times when the unit de-tuned a string to the point where it was floppy. It's just a small nuisance to bring the string nearly up to pitch and let the tuners do the rest. Every other time, it's worked fine.

I love the yellow color of yours. Happy NGD!

Peace

Rex

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
Plays really nice and seems to stay in tune once I get it there.

Thanks all for the kind words.
You know, now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure there was a function where you could off-set any of the tunings to suit you (separate from the bank of custom tunings you can create). If, after all the calibration and accuracy setting, you still want a particular string or two to have a slightly different tuning than what the computer says is right, I think you can teach it to do that.

I may have to go dust off the manual for mine and see what that was about.

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure there was a function where you could off-set any of the tunings to suit you (separate from the bank of custom tunings you can create). If, after all the calibration and accuracy setting, you still want a particular string or two to have a slightly different tuning than what the computer says is right, I think you can teach it to do that.

I may have to go dust off the manual for mine and see what that was about.

Well I purchased some Gibson Vintage tuners and strap locks yesterday and I am having the tuners installed, a setup done, and new tens put on the guitar today.

Pretty sure that this is a keeper guitar, so why wait.

Latest Threads