Reaction score
IMG_6910.JPG
IMG_6912.JPG
IMG_6917.JPG
IMG_6923.JPG
IMG_6950.JPG
IMG_6954.JPG
IMG_6966.JPG

I got a good deal on a R8 I could not pass up.

I've owned iced tea Burst LPs before, but none that had the vintage look that I wanted. This one is much more of the tea Burst I see in my head when I think of old LPs. The lighting in the photos does not quite capture the color well. The top is great and the flame varies a good deal in lighting and angles changes..."3D" look to it. It also has nice irregular figuring that runs perpendicular to the flame and also varies in appearance at different angles. Has a gorgeous not-too-perfect look. Neck is 50s fat for sure. I also have a Trad, but the neck on this R8 is more substantial.

I included a few pics, including a pic of it alongside a honeyburst Standard and a lightburst plaintop Traditional.

baileyboy1

Reaction score
Almost bought this one myself. Nice score.

Thanks. I was initially looking at R9s, but this one seemed to be calling my name.

I'm not sure what the official neck profile is on it, but it's beefier than the neck on the last R8 I had. Really nice!

BTW - that LP in your profile pic is incredible!

RayTorvalds

Reaction score
I agree on the vintage looking top. So much that it makes the new looking hardware stand out (for me).
Nice score ! Killer looking guitar !

alnico59

Reaction score
Nice guitar and very similar to mine. (pic in avatar) You said "the vintage look".. funny thing is I had a 9/10 flame top lemon R9 when I saw an R8 in ice tea for sale and thought to myself, now that's a vintage looking LP! So I bought the R8 and later sold the R9.
Mine is a '14. What year is yours?

baileyboy1

Reaction score
Nice guitar and very similar to mine. (pic in avatar) You said "the vintage look".. funny thing is I had a 9/10 flame top lemon R9 when I saw an R8 in ice tea for sale and thought to myself, now that's a vintage looking LP! So I bought the R8 and later sold the R9.
Mine is a '14. What year is yours?

Mine is a '16. I really like a variety of different looks. I have a PRS McCarty and a Les Pal Standard that both have very symmetrical, nearly perfectly bookmatched tops. I have a Plaintop LP that has some irregular wood grain figuring and some Birdseye figuring as well. For this particular guitar, I was on a quest to find a very vintage looking top with irregular wood grain patterns and a "mellow" Burst finish. The lighting in my photos make the guitar finish look a little brighter than it is...really has a more subdued color finish in person. It's not VOS, though...but playing time will take of that.

Love that guitar in your avatar! That's a guitar that would catch my attention at a guitar shop :acoustic:

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I like your pics better than the house ones. Good score.

Latest Threads