NGD Les Paul LQ GT (MIJ)

oneisnotenough

Reaction score
Been through a few Epi Les Pauls, but haven't quite found "the one" yet - so I was looking out for an Elite/Elitist 'burst when this came up for sale. I wasn't thinking about a Gold Top but I'm a sucker for shiny things and this appears to be all original, just about mint, and virtually unplayed (Japanese shop receipts in the case).

IMG_5212.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

It weighs about 3.9kg, so not silly heavy, and is very resonant un-plugged with lovely sustain and clarity driving a DSL. Fretboard, inlays and (vintage style) binding are pretty much perfect. Neck profile is, I'd guess, a nicely round C profile without being too chunky (it's noticeably less of a handful than a Slash model I sold recently - due to hand cramps!).

I'm not convinced by the pickups yet (sound a little thin to my ears) but will play around with the heights and see if they grow on me. Anyone with an LQ got any tips? I'll leave them in for a month or two, but have some SDs on a shelf (set of Slash Alnico 2s, and a set of Saturday Night Specials) I'm keen to try out... anyone tried those in one of these?

Gonna go and plug it in again now, I may be some time...

smk506

Reaction score
Good score! Those are seriously cool guitars and yours looks awesome. Granted, I’m a bit of push over for gold tops :fingersx:.

I haven’t played any yet, but I’m very intrigued by the Saturday night special pickups so those would get my vote if you decide to swap.

frehley76

Reaction score
I couldn't get along with the original pickups in mine, put a Alnico V in the bridge and an Alnico ll in the neck by Planet Tone, they sound very clear and balanced. My neck is very chunky but I love that lol. Mine is also very resonant and loud acoustically. These are really good guitars, by far the best Epiphone I have ever had and very close to my Gibson Reissues. Congratulations!!!!

frehley76

Reaction score
These don't seem to get a lot of love in this section, I don't think a lot of people really know what they are. They sure are missing out though lol!

Latest Threads