NGD Les Paul Deluxe (Tell me what I have?)

Gridlock

Reaction score
It’s a dreaded 2015 model (Deluxe) but I actually like the bigger necks on these guitars. No Robot Tuners on this guitar and this is my first guitar with mini Humbuckers. The guitar is in mint condition and still has the plastic covering on the pickguard.

My question is, everything that I’ve seen on line with this model guitar, there is a coil tap switch in place of one of the tone switches. I’m glad that it doesn’t have the coil tap, and probably would not have purchased the guitar if it had the coil tap switch.

This guitar has two volume and two tone knobs like every other Les Paul that I’ve owned.

So what model Deluxe do I have? Was it a special run?

CDAD250E-93B9-404B-ABD0-01CCFBB7E09F.jpeg

Last edited:

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the Model ID? It should be written in that Warranty card I see in the pic.
Not the serial Number; that will tell you when it was made.

That can help.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats an awesome deluxe...absolutely awesome
That’s all I know :h5:

gut says 2011...maybe 2012
but that’s a pure guess

-Chris

Jeremiah

The Worst
Premium Member
Reaction score
if it is a 2015, then it is part of their normal run

Gridlock

Reaction score
Whats the Model ID? It should be written in that Warranty card I see in the pic.
Not the serial Number; that will tell you when it was made.

That can help.
Not home yet. Definitely will check it and with Gibson.

Goldtopper

Reaction score
It's probably a 2015 that somebody switched out the electronics for typical Gibson wares?

Fwiw, I actually dig the 2015 Deluxe as it is, stock. I don't think every Gibson should be outfitted like that, and they definitely made some huge missteps trying to push it on everyone, unilaterally.

But taken for what they are, I think they're awesome.

FTW.

Gridlock

Reaction score
Whoever modified the guitar did an excellent job. Looks totally factory. All of the pots are identical and wired point to point. Nice Grover tuners. I wonder if the pickups are original?

A photo of the Goldtop next to my R8.The neck on the Goldtop is chunky and kind of similar to my R8’s.

8DC7CF79-B823-466F-886B-50FEF22AC52C.jpeg

Last edited:

PauloQS

Reaction score
Whoever modified the guitar did an excellent job. Looks totally factory. All of the pots are identical and wired point to point. Nice Grover tuners. I wonder if the pickups are original?

A photo of the Goldtop next to my R8.The neck on the Goldtop is chunky and kind of similar to my R8’s.

View attachment 482723
That’s for sure a 2015 Deluxe.

Jeremiah

The Worst
Premium Member
Reaction score
yup you can tell from Paul's actual signature being on the headstock and then of course the wider fretboard.

moreles

Reaction score
Mystery to me, but one you get rid of the awful adjustable nut, you've got a fine Deluxe without the detrimental 2015 features. Deluxes are excellent, and I like yours more than most of the Norlin-era originals.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A beauty!

Mine came with slick top minis which I do not like.... I bought vintage type minis and am deliriously happy with it... I decked the neck pickup and played with the pole screws to balance the strings and that seemed to brighten it a bit to me.......

Enjoy it! The minis (with poles) are about my favorite pickups along with P90s.... Not as hot as many but I am not a fan of real hot pickups...

I love the necks too.... I did change the harness too.... Tone Man 50's wiring.... Happy as I could be with mine....

Who cares when it was made. Play the fire out of it and enjoy it....

Latest Threads