NGD - Les Paul Custom w/ Floyd Rose of my 1980s Loving Dreams

Tollie

Reaction score
I played a 15+ lb Recording Les Paul in the studios in the 80's, but I never had the courage (or the stamina) to gig with it LIVE! Your baby looks beautiful (that Floyd is a big bonus) and with modern weight reduction, it's probably under 10 lbs!
Thank you!

It may even be lighter since it has a thin body and a tummy cut. I am hoping that it’s seven pounds.

Tollie

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of black Sheptone Wanker pickups, F spaced. They should be perfect for this guitar. They are back ordered for two months. That will give me time to try the stock Sidewinder pickups.

Findthetone

Reaction score
I remember a local music store have a few of those hanging on the walls in the 80s and I wanted one so bad.
Nice score! Can't wait to hear your report on it.

Tollie

Reaction score
I remember a local music store have a few of those hanging on the walls in the 80s and I wanted one so bad.
Nice score! Can't wait to hear your report on it.
Thanks! That must have been a cool store.

Findthetone

Reaction score
Thanks! That must have been a cool store.
Actually, they were not that great. All the stores were mall based and they sold pianos and other stuff but were a Gibson dealer that got some cool stuff. They has some of those Wayne Charvel built super strats that were Gibson branded too.

Tollie

Reaction score
Actually, they were not that great. All the stores were mall based and they sold pianos and other stuff but were a Gibson dealer that got some cool stuff. They has some of those Wayne Charvel built super strats that were Gibson branded too.
At least they were a Gibson dealer. The local music store where I took lessons in the 80s carried Aria Pro II. I sent my sons there ten years ago to the same teacher that I had. I went there on Saturday but our teacher has retired. They still carry Aria Pro II but they also had a wall of Suhr guitars. The only Gibson was a left handed Flying V.

AJK1

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of black Sheptone Wanker pickups, F spaced. They should be perfect for this guitar. They are back ordered for two months. That will give me time to try the stock Sidewinder pickups.
Did no one notice the spelling faux pas ?

Tollie

Reaction score
Well, delivery day has finally arrived. I actually went to bed early so that today would get here sooner. I stayed home from work so that I will be here to receive it. It shipped “signature required” but I think the shipping companies are still using germs as an excuse to not get signatures, thus saving a lot of time on their routes.

Tollie

Reaction score
Omg you’re right
I stand corrected
What a terrible name for a pickup
I agree. But back in the 80s that was the slang for someone who is over soloing. As gross as it is. The “in hand report” requested above plays into that theme. hahahaha

AJK1

Reaction score
I agree. But back in the 80s that was the slang for someone who is over soloing. As gross as it is. The “in hand report” requested above plays into that theme. hahahaha
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Who

Peter M

Reaction score
Nice! Enjoy that late 80's beast! :dude:

BTW this is utterly amusing:

1663247219646.png

AJK1

Reaction score
Maybe the first song you play will be ‘Willie and the Hand Jive’

355mono

Reaction score
Love the Lite Les Pauls, and yours is totally amazing! A unique forever piece to own. Enjoy! )I have a thin body Kendrick LP-style guitar and love the thinner body.

Deftone

Reaction score
How the heck did I miss this thread?! Congratulations, nice score.

Here's mine. It's my #1

IMG_2036a.JPG
IMG_2037a.JPG
IMG_2038a.JPG

I just solved some tuning issues thanks to @Freddy G by replacing the Schaller base plate. I didn't realize you should never adjust the bridge height under tension. Now it's staying in tune perfectly.

FWIW: I've owned three Custom Lites and one Studio Lite (also had a Floyd) from the '87-'89 era and I wouldn't refer to them as light in weight. What you get is a slimmer body, which I find more comfortable to play.

Latest Threads