NGD - Les Paul Custom w/ Floyd Rose of my 1980s Loving Dreams

Tollie

Reaction score
I have been watching this guitar on Reverb for months but it was priced really high. The seller just dropped it $2000 so it was more realistically priced and I jumped on it.

This is a dream guitar for me. I play 80s hair band songs in a cover band so the fact that it is pink and has a Floyd Rose perfectly align with that genre.

Playing standing for hours with a heavy Les Paul is not ideal but I sure do love Les Pauls. This one is a Lite so it has a thinner body and a tummy cut making it much lighter than my other regular Les Pauls.

1989 Les Paul Custom Lite in Sunset Metallic with a Floyd Rose.

1662853963448.jpeg

Last edited:

InTheEvening

Reaction score
As a massive lover of 80’s metal and rock music, I am truly in awe. This may be one of the coolest Les Pauls I’ve ever seen. I’ve long wanted an Axcess LP Custom model and this with the color is even cooler. Congrats and enjoy!

Tollie

Reaction score
As a massive lover of 80’s metal and rock music, I am truly in awe. This may be one of the coolest Les Pauls I’ve ever seen. I’ve long wanted an Axcess LP Custom model and this with the color is even cooler. Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks man! You feel exactly as I did the first time I saw it. It is so perfect for my Ratt and Skid Row loving ass!

Tollie

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I am very much looking forward to this being my number one. I make due playing hair band songs with no tremolo, but having a Floyd Rose will allow me to really nail those songs.

I am a huge fan of pink guitars and I have been since I saw Billy Squier playing a pink Strat back in the 80s. I have had several pink guitars over the years but this is the only one I have now.

Pink is perfect for a hair band cover band, like the band I am in. Now I just need to get a pair of teal leopard spandex. I think it’s great that girls in the 80s wore spandex and the fad has returned, but being renamed “yoga pants”. The only thing missing is the big Aquanet hair.

moreles

Reaction score
That's not pink. It's a much more unique and appealing red and really pretty nice on its own terms -- definitely not a conventional "pink," which is pastel red. Enjoy it!

Tollie

Reaction score
That's not pink. It's a much more unique and appealing red and really pretty nice on its own terms -- definitely not a conventional "pink," which is pastel red. Enjoy it!
I think you’re right, it’s more of a salmon color than pink, but it definitely has an 80s look to it.

Tollie

Reaction score
I will need to get a new pickup ring. Does anyone know where I can get one like this? They are not thick, they are very flat.

Tollie

Reaction score
I will need to get a new pickup ring. Does anyone know where I can get one like this? They are not thick, they are very flat.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

bsteff666

Reaction score
Very cool. I remember when these came out.

Sunset metallic is a great color. Its tough to photograph…always looks a little different in pics.

Congrats!

Reaction score
I played a 15+ lb Recording Les Paul in the studios in the 80's, but I never had the courage (or the stamina) to gig with it LIVE! Your baby looks beautiful (that Floyd is a big bonus) and with modern weight reduction, it's probably under 10 lbs!

Latest Threads