NGD - Les Paul Custom Lite (pics)

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
What a great guitar. This is my second LPCL - I owned a 1987 model and sold it over 10 years ago and regretted it ever since. This one is great, and the setup was absolutely great. Intonation is near-perfect. No finish flaws, though the toggle switch was crooked but that was an easy fix. Best of all, it plays and sounds incredible. It has a darker tone than my Les Paul Trad Pro, but still sounds like a Les Paul should. I immediately love this guitar.
I got it for $1249 shipped from Sam Ash. What an incredible deal for a Les Paul. The Richlite fretboard is nice - I won't lie and say I prefer it over ebony, but it's nice. I'll oil it to darken it a bit.

Oh, the bridge volume knob looks like it wasn't installed straight, so when you turn it the knob wobbles - I don't care though. This one just plays so nice. I love the neck, too.

282mkb5.jpg

jufj4l.jpg

21e91ls.jpg

battra

Reaction score
Those guitars make me happy in pants....

STOP IT!

truckermde

Reaction score
what a deal! I would LOVE to have one of those!!

Congrats, and HNGD :h5:

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
Thanks all - I really like this one. I actually assumed it was Richlite, but Rosewood would suit me fine. Thanks for posting the link.:) :)
I just love how this one plays and sounds. So comfortable. It certainly sustains as well as my Trad Pro, and I will say that I prefer its darker tone. At first I thought to myself that I really don't need another guitar but I'm very happy I got this.

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
I'm sorry to see the nut issue you're having (wait, that sounds strange), but if the guitar is otherwise perfect, that should be a very quick and easy fix. I also REALLY like the darker color of your fretboard. I hope that fix is quick and easy for you.

Glad you like it....I have one as well and think it's great except for the issue I'm having with the E string/nut:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gib...my-lp-custom-lite-gibson-we-have-problem.html

But like you said....it's great guitar and great price. Fit, finish and intonation on mine were good as well.

Enjoy it!

splatter

Reaction score
NICE!!!!
Yes its a rosewood fretboard not richlite . As for the wobbly knob just turn it to where you can see the high side and push that side down . The knobs just slide on and off so its not uncommon to get a crooked one .

HNGD and welcom to the Classic Lite club

splatter

Reaction score
One thing that concerns me about these is I noticed with mine it seems to rest on the neck when in the case . I know there is that big bump of padding that is suppose to be supporting the guitar but I'm not sure that it is . And from looking at where your stap button hits in your case I can tell yours sits in the case the same as mine .The other pics I have seen of these in the case looks the same also . I could be mistaken and maybe that bump of padding is doing the trick . What are your thoughts on this?

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
I see what you're saying about the case and yes, I agree. I'm not worried about it, though. The guitar isn't very heavy and the neck is supported right near the heel so there is nothing to worry about.

One thing that concerns me about these is I noticed with mine it seems to rest on the neck when in the case . I know there is that big bump of padding that is suppose to be supporting the guitar but I'm not sure that it is . And from looking at where your stap button hits in your case I can tell yours sits in the case the same as mine .The other pics I have seen of these in the case looks the same also . I could be mistaken and maybe that bump of padding is doing the trick . What are your thoughts on this?

GTRGUY

Reaction score

I know what you mean. I think there is some space between the back of the guitar and bottom of the case. The strap button is resting on the side and seems like it is prevening the guitar from going as far down as it could/should.

BlueBurstLP

Reaction score
HNGD! These guitars look excellent, lucky you getting your hands on one :p

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
Thank you :) :). I just can't stop playing this one. I dare say I enjoy it more than my Trad Pro in every respect. It just sounds soooooo good. I'm extremely pleased!

Latest Threads