NGD - Les Paul Custom Ebony

rjwilson37

Reaction score
My Joe BB has the larger diamond as well, which I really like. Looks like the truss rod cover Spelt out in all caps CUSTOM is larger on this one compared to my new Ebony as well that someone mentioned above.

epijoebbhead2.jpg

darkvoice

Reaction score
Here are two diamonds side by side on two Epiphone LP Customs:
Left - small diamond on Black Custom serial number from Dec 2019,
Right - large diamond on White Custom serial number from Dec 2020.

Epi_Custom_SmallVsLargeDiamond_2020.jpg

DADDEO

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a Les Paul Custom from Sweetwater. I am getting it Plek'd with a Medium to Medium Low Action using my favorite Strings Daddario 9-46, Super Light Top/Regular Bottom. I can't wait till I get it next week. I love my Joe Bonamassa Black Beauty, but I also wanted a Slim Taper Neck custom with only two pickups as well. I also wanted to get it Plek'd and see if that makes a difference, since the Plek is supposed to really do a great job on the frets for a nice starting base setup. I took my LP Modern to the local Luthier and it was $180 for the fret dressing/leveling and setup, so what's a few dollars more. The fret dressing on the LP Modern was just ok, I think there are still some slightly sharp fret edges and I had to take it back for a ping on the G string when tuning. So... I guess we will see how well the new LP Custom plays when I get it this coming week with the Sweetwater Plek/setup, I am so excited. I love the look of this guitar, it is just beautiful. I like the Alpine White as well, but on a white wall with the other guitars, it is just to much white. haha

View attachment 527858
View attachment 527859
View attachment 527860
Yeah man, that's sexy

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I was playing my new Les Paul Custom today, which was Plek'd at Sweetwater before shipping it to me. I have not been able to play much lately with work and travel, but this guitar is still perfectly tuned and feels great. This Epiphone Les Paul Custom feels/plays and sounds just as good as the Gibson Les Paul Custom I sold the beginning of this year after I got the Epiphone Les Paul Custom Joe Bonamassa BB. Both of My Epiphone Les Paul Customs are just totally fantastic, I couldn't be any happier with anything else. Epiphone has really stepped up there game, thank you so much Epiphone for putting out such exceptional quality guitars at an affordable price. :cheers2:

Latest Threads