NGD: Les Paul Custom 2000 (and a couple of questions)

frehley2112

Reaction score
Hello all!

It's been quite a while (and quite a year).

So, I finally found one of my holy grails. A nice LP Custom from 2000. It's almost in players condition and it's been refretted (nibs were not maintained, sadly), but I really don't care, 'cause it is brutal. It has great sustain and a beautiful tone.

I've been looking around and can't seem to find the exact specs. I believe it has 490R and 498T pickups and a sort of 59'ish neck profile. Anyone around here who could enlighten me on this, please?

For reference, I can say it is fatter than a SG 60s Tribute neck and slightly thinner than a 2011 LP Traditional at the 5th fret.

Thanks in advance and keep safe!
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

frehley2112

Reaction score
Very nice! Is it difficult finding a Les Paul in Spain?
Thanks!
Not really. The difficult part is finding them used at a reasonable price.
We also have official Gibson dealers in every major town. And there's always the International stores within the EU (no import duties).

frehley2112

Reaction score
Hey, guys, sorry if I hurt some feelings with the Bigsby remark. I just like my Les Pauls plain and simple. :)
Thanks for the good vibes. I really can't put this one down. What a killer tone!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys, sorry if I hurt some feelings with the Bigsby remark. I just like my Les Pauls plain and simple. :)
Thanks for the good vibes. I really can't put this one down. What a killer tone!
I love your guitar...
just razzing over the bigsbies....I’d put one on a cereal bowl..

if I ever learn to weld I’m gonna weld 20 bigbies into a les Paul....
it’s gonna be awesome and all gold....with 9 pickups made of bigsbies with copper wire wrapped around them :naughty:

-chris

moreles

Reaction score
Actually, I can't stand Bigsby bridges.
Agreed! Though you could add one and use it to achieve that special out-of-tune Neil Young "Cortez the Killer" sound. Actually, I'd love to hear Richard Thompson do that song bewcause he can play prety wild parts (as in "jerusalem on the Jukebox") while staying in tune! Ugh on Bigsbys!

Latest Threads