NGD Les Paul Classic.........

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how they get ya. 30%?!? It's like a tax on people who can't manage their impulses/finances.
Yep.

Offer 0% to 100 people.
If 30 of them are late on a payment, they've made a nice profit... and with the Fed rate so low, they don't need 30 to make up their loss.

I'd have to check, but I don't think I have any balances on anything above 18%, and we're working those down.

pondcaster

Reaction score
I know I’m a broken record, but there’s something about a classic.
’best model on earth imho...

can’t say why but it is...

so happy for u

-chris
Broken record with a nice tune, my friend!

When looking around recently, you were actually a big help with my looking into a '19 Classic in Translucent Cherry. One of the most solid guitars I've had the pleasure of playing & owning. Thanks again!

Congrats to the OP, hard to beat. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Rock & Roll Machine, no doubt.

Last edited:

Demon Dave

Reaction score
mine has burst buckers with 4 way JimmyPage push pulls. Its alot cooler then I thought it would be. But I know I'm going to be on the look out for some really good PAFs and a new 50s wiring harness....:fingersx:
I was thinking about that, but in the end, I’ll live it stock, maybe one day just 2 pickup covers,

Bluesky

Reaction score
I was thinking about that, but in the end, I’ll live it stock, maybe one day just 2 pickup covers,
You know what? I was playing it this morning when I got home from work.........I'm really digging a few of the Push pulls......The Bridge tone up is a straight bypass I think.......kind of a boost and it sounds great. Then pull up the neck tone and it splits Greeny style. I might keep these around a while too. I'm really loving this guitar though!

Demon Dave

Reaction score
You know what? I was playing it this morning when I got home from work.........I'm really digging a few of the Push pulls......The Bridge tone up is a straight bypass I think.......kind of a boost and it sounds great. Then pull up the neck tone and it splits Greeny style. I might keep these around a while too. I'm really loving this guitar though!
yes I agree, even if you play this guitar alone, with a small amp, it’s open to various possibilities and different sounds, that’s why I’ll keep it stock. Great Lester

organtis

Reaction score
Nope.
They are gambling that a certain percentage of purchasers will miss a payment, or have a late payment. If that happens, the 0% is off the table and the full interest from the date of purchase applies.
These 0% deals are AWESOME for people who are responsible enough to pay their bills on time.
Inflation is low, but it's not zero. 0% interest is literally them paying you the inflation rate... but enough people blow the contract without going to an outright default that they aren't losing any money.
I'm 99% sure that this is incorrect. I know a financing vendor that works with synchrony.

They have many plans but the one that Guitar Center and Sweetwater are likely using is that they pay a percentage of the sale to synchrony in exchange for them doing the financing. The longer the terms the more of the cut.

I'm guessing that's why you don't often see Fender and Gibson featured on these deals for 36 and 48 months. Because GC may pay 3% for 24 months, 5% for 36 months and 8% for 48. This is just a guess.

My assumption is that Fender and Gibson have less margin and probably insist on MAP pricing.

I'm guessing it's between 25 and 30%.

So they probably pay 1400 for a classic and when you buy one for 1999 Synchrony shorts them and gives them $1748. Still a good deal for all parties.

Disclaimer... A lot of this is speculation and I have no idea what their terms and margins are.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used Long & McQuade's own financing, no banks. I paid all three guitars off early, and I don't remember what the interest rate was. It didn't matter, what mattered is I got what I wanted when I wanted it, and I didn't have to wipe out a major portion of my stash to get it.

I bought new studio monitors on my Visa card last week, and after I got paid and the transaction was on my statement, I paid it off.

I don't have a problem with borrowing, I borrowed all my life, but now I have no balances anywhere and it feels good. If I decide I want something, I'll figure out how long it would take me to save for it, and just buy the SOB and pay the small amount of interest.

danohat

Reaction score
Sweet guitar. Man, I am in love with plain tops.
I do same as cash whenever I can. I scrap the minimum amount idea and send in 100 every month. Pay off mega early without missing it.

Latest Threads