NGD Les Paul Classic.........

Bluesky

Reaction score
Never thought I'd own a classic. Went into GC for some strings and I was told Bonnamassa CDs were also on sale for $8.

Got 2 JB CDs , some Slinkys 10-46.......and had to wait while all the sales people were busy. Tell you what..... they are selling a ton. More empty spaces on the wall then I've ever seen.

Not going to bother the sales person to take anything off the wall or clean it but I spotted this cool Lemon burst plain Top on a stand. Figured it would be out of tune....play like shit. Looked nice though.

Guitar had a great medium neck, set up perfectly. Jimmy Page wiring / push pulls from the factory . I was really having fun. It was under $2000.........I asked what kind of deals they had going. Nothing......They only had 4 Les Pauls left in the store!

But they had a special going........48months NO INTEREST! Thats just stupid. Ill have it paid off by Christmas but dang......they practically gave it to me.

What a killer killer player! I just played for about 2 hours.

I said I'd never by a New Gibson guitar. I'll eat those words gladly. Killer guitar!

Last edited:

Barefoot

Reaction score
Nice. Maybe the “majority are lemons” days are over. I just picked up a new/old stock Traditional for a great price - sight unseen.
It’s awesome.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Nice. Maybe the “majority are lemons” days are over. I just picked up a new/old stock Traditional for a great price - sight unseen.
It’s awesome.
Tbats exactly what I was thinking! I just picked this guitar up to pass a little time......havnt been able to put it down since !

Tried to upload a Pic. Says the picture is too large.........I'll have to send it to my PC.

Bluesky

Reaction score

LOL. I seriously started looking around at more expensive guitars .....there was a Nice PRS DGT Faded Whale blue , A few LP Standards and 1 Custom Shop SG. But I haven't been able to stop playing this guitar all day. I didn't need it either. It has a certain sponginess to it. And pull offs and hammer ons are just insanely easy ....either that or I just improved as a player 10 fold in a day. The Gibson crew was on the ball when this one was born..............

Benniator

Reaction score
48 months, no interest you say.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I got my ‘60s Standard with 48 months no interest. $52 a month is nothing. Only kicker is you have to pay the exact minimum amount each month. I think you get charged interest if you try to pay it off early.

Bluesky

Reaction score
I got my ‘60s Standard with 48 months no interest. $52 a month is nothing. Only kicker is you have to pay the exact minimum amount each month. I think you get charged interest if you try to pay it off early.
Really? You sure about that?

Benniator

Reaction score
Really? You sure about that?
I planned on paying this off after all my holiday / Christmas OT.
Not totally sure, no. I'd have to dig out the paperwork from last spring to confirm, but that was what I was led to believe by the employees at GC ( I know, not always the most knowledgeable people). Terms on the GC website says 48 equal monthly payments required. However, looking around the internet, people say they're paying more than required on a Gear Card and keeping their 0% interest. Maybe a call to Synchrony Bank is in order.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Not totally sure, no. I'd have to dig out the paperwork from last spring to confirm, but that was what I was led to believe by the employees at GC ( I know, not always the most knowledgeable people). Terms on the GC website says 48 equal monthly payments required. However, looking around the internet, people say they're paying more than required on a Gear Card and keeping their 0% interest. Maybe a call to Synchrony Bank is in order.
With 0% interest why wouldn't they want thier money sooner then later?

Bluesky

Reaction score
Perhaps there is a hidden monthly service fee for the privilege of interest free payments?
They pull that shit GC will get the LP back and my middle finger........Id imagine alot of people would be pissed off.
But buisness looked good......stuff was literally flying off the shelf.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nahh... I do this all the time with purchases on my medical care and America's Tire accounts. I've been revolving those accounts for years and have never paid a penny of interest on either of them. Same for my gas card.
If you *don't* pay the minimum every month, then they start charging interest retroactive to the purchase date, so if you miss a payment, you're screwed.
Also, if you overpay, you still have the same minimum due the following month... that snags some people because the due date may not always line up with payday. Been more than once I've dropped a payment on payday, then 2 days later gotten an email that I have a payment due in a couple of weeks.
Gas card gets paid in full every 2 weeks simply because I don't like seeing the balance over $150.

If GC is through Synchrony, and especially if it's a regular card that you can charge strings and stuff to at any time, it works exactly like America's Tire and Care Credit... you just have to have it paid off on or before the final due date AND make the minimum every month.
BUT... The 0% interest is a special process at the time of purchase, and buying strings and stuff may "fuzzy" the issue on what portion of the minimum payment is applied to what purchase.
The way Care Credit and America's Tire work, the term of the 0% is based on the amount of the purchase... anything up to (for example) $500 gets 6 months, $1000 gets 12 months, etc.... I think I got 18 months on my wife's SUV tires (and paid it off in 3 months)

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps there is a hidden monthly service fee for the privilege of interest free payments?
Nope.
They are gambling that a certain percentage of purchasers will miss a payment, or have a late payment. If that happens, the 0% is off the table and the full interest from the date of purchase applies.
These 0% deals are AWESOME for people who are responsible enough to pay their bills on time.
Inflation is low, but it's not zero. 0% interest is literally them paying you the inflation rate... but enough people blow the contract without going to an outright default that they aren't losing any money.

Latest Threads