NGD - Les Paul Classic Olive Drab

gball

Reaction score
Here's mine (this was also in another thread).

Classic.jpg

Really love this guitar. The color is just insane-looking in real life, no pics do it justice.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone!

I will definitely replace the two volume knobs with reflector knobs when they arrive from Gibson.

I made just a couple small adjustments to the truss rod and bridge as well as oiled the fretboard and put new strings on her. Wow, what a great guitar. So far so good, a great feeling/playing guitar for sure and definitely a keeper. The bridge pickup is a bit bright, so I just keep the tone knob around 5 and all is good. I was jamming out for a few hours today and I really like this guitar, another great player for my collection. So all 5 of my keeper guitars have different pickups, neck profiles and are just fantastic to play, not a loser in this bunch.

LesPaulClassic_7.jpg

lpsignewpups1.jpg

epijclpcustom8.jpg

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Congrats! I’ve been eyeing these for a while now. I don’t usually love Olive Drab but on this classic it’s one of the best finishes along with the red. A fine addition to an already awesome collection. :cheers2:

Also, my vote is for pickguard on.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Congrats! I’ve been eyeing these for a while now. I don’t usually love Olive Drab but on this classic it’s one of the best finishes along with the red. A fine addition to an already awesome collection. :cheers2:

Also, my vote is for pickguard on.
Thanks, I definitely had to pull the trigger on this one, I really like how it looks. After playing with it for hours yesterday and today, I made a great choice, I love this guitar.

I put the pickguard back on and it sits to flat against the guitar compared to my JC Wino Custom, where I think the bend is to low. Plus, after looking at it with it on, I just liked it better off... So off it comes. :dunno:

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Thanks, I definitely had to pull the trigger on this one, I really like how it looks. After playing with it for hours yesterday and today, I made a great choice, I love this guitar.

I put the pickguard back on and it sits to flat against the guitar compared to my JC Wino Custom, where I think the bend is to low. Plus, after looking at it with it on, I just liked it better off... So off it comes. :dunno:
Really glad to hear that man. Always nice when a gear purchase works out and the guitar ends up being a real keeper! I feel like there’s always a small risk of finding issues or not bonding with a guitar, especially ordering sight unseen. Def made a good choice with this one. :thumb:

Honestly, it’s such a great looking axe, it pulls off the guard off look really well too! Nothing wrong with keeping that off and showing off more of that finish.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I like pickguards on Customs, but as you can see, I am kind of a pickguard off kind of person when a guitar is not a custom. Haha

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Really glad to hear that man. Always nice when a gear purchase works out and the guitar ends up being a real keeper! I feel like there’s always a small risk of finding issues or not bonding with a guitar, especially ordering sight unseen. Def made a good choice with this one. :thumb:

Honestly, it’s such a great looking axe, it pulls off the guard off look really well too! Nothing wrong with keeping that off and showing off more of that finish.
This is the way a Gibson Guitar should come, well except the broken volume knobs. :dunno:

They did a good job pleking the instrument, so the frets are great, the nut is cut well, and the intonation is perfect. I just had to make a couple small adjustments to the truss rod and bridge for my taste and everything is perfect. This guitar is easy to tune and stays in tune as well as easy to fret and play, she really feels great. The neck profile is not too Slim, very comfortable to play on. :jam:

Reaction score
congrats, I love that color! I'm wondering how the hell those volume knobs busted in the case and inside a box? that sucks! Personally , I think it looks better with the pickguard on, but that is just me. Solid colors need a bit of contrast. and the color of the pickguard goes perfect with it. How' s it sound and play? that is most important! ENJOY!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
congrats, I love that color! I'm wondering how the hell those volume knobs busted in the case and inside a box? that sucks! Personally , I think it looks better with the pickguard on, but that is just me. Solid colors need a bit of contrast. and the color of the pickguard goes perfect with it. How' s it sound and play? that is most important! ENJOY!
The guitar feels/plays great, and the sound/tone from the pickups is really good. The bridge is a little bit bright, so I just turn the tone knob down to 5 and I am good.

gball

Reaction score
What year is that and is it a Standard and not a Classic? Definitely a little bit darker green, very nice!

It's one of the '22 Classics. The photo just came out kind of dark.
I really don't like the script they use on the TRC so I put on a Standard one that I had. Also obviously changed the bridge to a Nashville and put covers on the pickups.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
This is the way a Gibson Guitar should come, well except the broken volume knobs. :dunno:

They did a good job pleking the instrument, so the frets are great, the nut is cut well, and the intonation is perfect. I just had to make a couple small adjustments to the truss rod and bridge for my taste and everything is perfect. This guitar is easy to tune and stays in tune as well as easy to fret and play, she really feels great. The neck profile is not too Slim, very comfortable to play on. :jam:
That’s great to hear. So odd about the volume knob. Don’t think I’ve come across a broken one yet thankfully, but glad that’s a quick fix at least. The set up, frets, nuts, and neck feel are much harder to correct for, so it’s good those were on point out of the box.

Reaction score
That’s great to hear. So odd about the volume knob. Don’t think I’ve come across a broken one yet thankfully, but glad that’s a quick fix at least. The set up, frets, nuts, and neck feel are much harder to correct for, so it’s good those were on point out of the box.
Funny, I just looked at my '22 Slash model with the gold knob with silver inserts and the bridge volume knob has a little piece of plastic on the top that was broken somehow? It was perfect yesterday. have no clue? Gibson doesn't have the gold ones with silver insert listed , only gold inserts. wonder why?

Latest Threads