NGD - Les Paul Classic Olive Drab

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a Gibson Les Paul Classic in the Olive Drab color. I kept on seeing this guitar around and of course would go look at the Gibson Online Store myself from time to time and drool over it. I went into GC and after jamming on a Classic as well as a Standard 60's and a Modern, switching mostly between the Classic and the Standard 60's. I found out that the neck is not as Slim as the Modern, so not super Slim and even though the Standard 60's is perfect, the Slim Taper neck on the Classic is not too slim for me to like it. I know that not every guitar even the same model is always exactly the same, so hopefully I get a nice one. Purchasing sight unseen from the Gibson Online store for a purchase is scary, I hope I am not disappointed like I was with my Gibson purchase from Sweetwater. I am so stoked and looking forward to this guitar. I think with the Zebra pickups, cream binding and binding over the frets really give this guitar a great look. I know that video below is a Custom re-issue, but that is what really got me stoked about this color and I think the Zebra pups look so much better on this guitar than one with chrome pickup covers. Part of me wants to put all Gold Appointments, but after looking at a lot of pictures, I think the Chrome looks great and I don't need to bling it out. I just want to play the shit out of it.

lpclassicod2.jpg

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Ok, the guitar came, and it was mostly in great condition. The guitar itself is great, but the volume knobs were damaged. Luckly, I had a couple to use until they send me replacements and now it has a Gary Moore look. haha

LesPaulClassic_3.jpg

LesPaulClassic_1.jpg

LesPaulClassic_2.jpg

LesPaulClassic_4.jpg

LesPaulClassic_5.jpg

LesPaulClassic_6.jpg

LesPaulClassic_7.jpg

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I thought it was going to be a little bit darker green, but it still looks great. I put together an Unboxing Video, and you can see I was a little bit unhappy, since it did not come 100%. You can see in the video that they really don't package it that insulated, so I guess things can happen in shipping.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it…my car is that color

green les Paul’s are so badass…especially the drab

super happy for you…I’d love to own it…the zebras look mean af

if u name ur guitars, I vote for “Rooster”

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, this one I will name Alice and my Wino Les Paul I will name Beth. My Lazarus converted to Slash AFD is named Roxy, my Les Paul Studio HP is named Johanna/Jo and my Les Paul Signature is named Elizabeth/Liz.

Latest Threads