NGD - Les Paul 70's Deluxe GT

shiplett77

Reaction score
So. . . have been waiting for some time for the 70's GT to come available at my dealer of choice. Two Fridays ago, 1 came up for sale and I nabbed it. This buying experience was much better than the 60s standard I bought earlier this year (bridge tone pot not wired at all. . . ).

Anywoo, first impressions is this this is a beast in weight. Very heavy. No volute (but I knew that). No blems on the guitar. Set up was meh - had to do some adjustments (neck straight, and action was stupid high). Neck is between a 50's and a 60's - feels like the R8s I was trying a few years ago.

The sound is very unique. I've had a firebird with minis before, but this does not sound anything like that, or my 60's standard, or Junior Special (p-90s). The bridge is very bright - almost tele=ish with a but more hair on it. The neck pickup is bizarre - very beefy in tone. Its been interesting to find the right balance for amp settings. All in all very happy with the guitar. Here she is next to my 60s:

Attachments

Last edited:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You made my day…I would love to play that…

goldtops rule…

very happy for you :h5:

-chris

moreles

Reaction score
Neil Finn played a gold Deluxe with Crowded House, one of my favorite bands and outstanding live performers, and the tones he got fit wonderfully in the band context in a way that a full HB LP would not. The distinctive tones of a Deluxe are differenbt, but not worse, than those of a classic LP. Personally, I love the look and the sound. Yours is wonderful.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Suuuhweeeeet Deluxe, congrats & hope you enjoy in good health for many years to come.

As soon as I see one of those in the wild, I'm definitely gonna try to play it, if possible. Never even held one.

If you're not opposed to these types of things, please think about joining our New Originals Club. And that 60s, too, if it's not already in there?

I'm not sure we have one of the new 70s Deluxes represented there yet?

Last edited:

Latest Threads