NGD: L6-S Reissue

Kezia

Reaction score
Starting about a couple years ago I had to cut down my collection significantly so I can pay bills and still eat at the same time. It really sucked narrowing down from 12+ guitars to only having 2. Recently, I've finally gotten back in good financial standing and could afford to start getting guitars again. Hooray! The more gear the better, IMO.

I've always been more partial to cheaper import guitars, but this time I decided I think it's time to spring for something nice. But I couldn't find anything locally that caught my eye (I'm too impatient to wait for a guitar to get shipped over here, haha) Until the other morning when I saw this L6S Reissue on a local guitar shops site. I've talked myself out of every other guitar I've found online, but as soon as I saw this all I could think was "oh hell yes, I got to pick this up today".

So I did

I've been wanting an L6-S for a looooong time now. Back when I used to work at School of Rock, I messed around with Todd Lewis of The Toadies L6-S (he was running one of the summer camps with us, really great dude) and I've been hooked ever since. It feels nice to finally have one of these in my posession, even if it's not an original.

Attachments

BadPenguin

Reaction score
I have a 78 L6s, that is my number one, pure and simple. It was a semi husk, with the wrong pickups, wrong wiring, and the necks finish sanded down to the clear coat underneath. (Which doesn't phase me in the least. )
After a Duncan Pearly Gates in the neck, a Lawrence XL500 in the bridge, and too many hours searching thru pages on the web, it's been my beast for the last 12 years or so. If I play another guitar live, people ask me, "Where's Elle?"

Good luck with yours, and love it forever!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That guitar kicks ass...
so cool...
who cares if it’s a reissue
some of my favorite guitars are re-issues

love yours..,happy for you :h5:

-chris

Kezia

Reaction score
That guitar kicks ass...
so cool...
who cares if it’s a reissue
some of my favorite guitars are re-issues

love yours..,happy for you :h5:

-chris
Kinda like having a reissue better than an original anyways. I've rarely seen these reissues pop up on craigslist/reverb. And if they go up in value anything like the G3 Tribute reissue did, not a bad investment at all. Plus I can mod it all I want without worrying about fuckin with old wood

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda like having a reissue better than an original anyways. I've rarely seen these reissues pop up on craigslist/reverb. And if they go up in value anything like the G3 Tribute reissue did, not a bad investment at all. Plus I can mod it all I want without worrying about fuckin with old wood
my lp recordings a recording I bought new after searching for a 70s one for almost 14 months...
so glad I got the new one
I like shiny things :h5:

-Chris

moreles

Reaction score
even if it's not an original
In this case, the reissue is likely to be better. That's a funny guitar. The originals were crapped on for what they were not (Les Pauls) but all that maple has its own thing, and with the right pickups and amp, I can't imagine why it would not be really excellent for you. Gibson's build quality is better now than it was then, too.

truckermde

Reaction score
Sweet! Didn't realize they had reissued that one.

Had a roommate in college with one, and I played it a lot.

Great guitar!

HNGD :)

:cheers2:

Roxy13

Reaction score
My college boyfriend had an original one. We loved it! Enjoy your new guitar!

Latest Threads