NGD!! Kurt Cobain Left Jaguar

Ides of March

Reaction score
Let me first start off with I am not putting up pics just yet, they are on the webz all over, plus I don't know how :) Any way I am mainly a Gibson guy (3 LP's) which I love dearly, but when I went into Sam Ash a couple weeks ago and saw the KC Jag lefty hanging on the wall I stopped in my tracks. For one it's a lefty, which you never see in a store. I played it a couple times on a couple different days and I really liked it. I hate Strats, I don't want a Tele, and I am a huge Cobain fan. The main selling point for me was the Super Distortion in the bridge which I always wanted in one of my LP's. and the 3 switch toggle at the bottom right of the guitar which I love rather than the 3 sliders on the normal Jags which I didn't like. I only got 30 minutes with it last night (which is when I got it) but it does pretty much whatever you need it for, metal, grunge, alternative, rock. Which is all I play and it's lighter than my lp's. I was just looking for something differnt to add to my arsenal and this thing is amazing. Just have to get used to playing a Fender rather than a Gibby for now. This is a great guitar, and sounds amazing. Plus it's like the only lefty Jag you can get really. I am very happy with it.

And before we get the signature comments and Cobain jokes, please don't. It's not funny and this thread is about the guitar, not how he died. And 1200 isn't a bad deal at all. Esp when there are people shelling out 5 and 6 grand for certain other Sigs from Gibson on here. Kurt was pretty much why I picked up a guitar and writing songs. He made is accessable to me who was just learning to write songs. He is important to me as a musician, not a guitar hero. And yes, I have his books, and converse, and his figurine, and Nirvana shirts, and box set, and all the studio recordings. Why not the Jag.

renzo_lao

Reaction score
let me first start off with i am not putting up pics just yet, they are on the webz all over, plus i don't know how :) any way i am mainly a gibson guy (3 lp's) which i love dearly, but when i went into sam ash a couple weeks ago and saw the kc jag lefty hanging on the wall i stopped in my tracks. For one it's a lefty, which you never see in a store. I played it a couple times on a couple different days and i really liked it. I hate strats, i don't want a tele, and i am a huge cobain fan. The main selling point for me was the super distortion in the bridge which i always wanted in one of my lp's. And the 3 switch toggle at the bottom right of the guitar which i love rather than the 3 sliders on the normal jags which i didn't like. I only got 30 minutes with it last night (which is when i got it) but it does pretty much whatever you need it for, metal, grunge, alternative, rock. Which is all i play and it's lighter than my lp's. I was just looking for something differnt to add to my arsenal and this thing is amazing. Just have to get used to playing a fender rather than a gibby for now. This is a great guitar, and sounds amazing. Plus it's like the only lefty jag you can get really. I am very happy with it.

And before we get the signature comments and cobain jokes, please don't. It's not funny and this thread is about the guitar, not how he died. And 1200 isn't a bad deal at all. Esp when there are people shelling out 5 and 6 grand for certain other sigs from gibson on here. Kurt was pretty much why i picked up a guitar and writing songs. He made is accessable to me who was just learning to write songs. He is important to me as a musician, not a guitar hero. And yes, i have his books, and converse, and his figurine, and nirvana shirts, and box set, and all the studio recordings. Why not the jag.

hngd! I think they look amazing!

Ides of March

Reaction score
hngd! I think they look amazing!

Thanks man. The worst thing is when you get a new guitar and can only play it for like 30 minutes cause your hiding it from the missus lol. I have been fiending all day to play it.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i was just playing mine. AWESOME guitars, aren't they?

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
I really love Nirvana too. I have all the same crap you do. T-shirts, DVD's, CD's, posters, and magazines just because they were in it, etc. :thumb:

I also have this. Got about 6 weeks ago. Does anything and everything. :dude:

Excellent guitar, sig or not!

002-2.jpg

001-4.jpg

Ides of March

Reaction score
I really love Nirvana too. I have all the same crap you do. T-shirts, DVD's, CD's, posters, and magazines just because they were in it, etc. :thumb:

I also have this. Got about 6 weeks ago. Does anything and everything. :dude:

Excellent guitar, sig or not!

002-2.jpg

001-4.jpg

Yup that's the one. Yeah I agree, it is an excellent guitar.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
not much for nirvana but thats a nice looking guitar...HNGD!

Ides of March

Reaction score
Thanks guys. And Thanks to BountyHunter for putting up the pics.
It's definetely different from playing les pauls, which I have been playing specifically for the last 6 or 7 years. So switching to the Fender is taking some getting used to, esp with the Jag controls. But it sounds really good. The main selling point for me was the Humbuckers. But I figure it would be nice to have something besides les pauls just in case I want a switch.

marantz1300

Reaction score
Do Fender sell the switch pates?I have a 64 Jag and would like to fit one.

GibsonMarshallGuy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. And Thanks to BountyHunter for putting up the pics.
It's definetely different from playing les pauls, which I have been playing specifically for the last 6 or 7 years. So switching to the Fender is taking some getting used to, esp with the Jag controls. But it sounds really good. The main selling point for me was the Humbuckers. But I figure it would be nice to have something besides les pauls just in case I want a switch.

I love nirvana too. Going to fender from Gibson isn't why you're uncomfortable though it's going from a 12" radius to a 7.25" radius that's on the jag. That's actually the only reason why I haven't got one myself. Cool guitar though...

jwk0522

Reaction score
I love those Jags, I've been gassing for one but can't justify getting one since I have a Jag-Stang, which is different but not sure if it's different enough to warrant a $1200 purchase

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
I had a Jag-Stang. Very different animal. The Jag blows away the Jag-Stang in every way imo. :thumb:

Ides of March

Reaction score
Sorry to rehash this but I have been playing my Jag lately and is it possible to dig it more than my LP's. It sounds really good and it's a good player for me. But I can't see putting down my LP's for it. Weird? Or is it that good.

Gar

Reaction score
I'm also a huge Cobain fan. I've owned Jags, Jag-stang, Mustangs and anything Cobain related. I only wish this guitar was available years ago when I really really wanted one. It's a really cool guitar, I hope you enjoy yours.

Latest Threads