NGD Korina Flying V

jerry47

Reaction score
NGD, I've had the Flying V on the bucket list for a long time The other day i was on a few different Japanese's web sites and came across
this along with a bunch more. 2 Piece solid Korina body 1 piece neck with wings, Nylon nut , Madagascar rosewood board W/ rolled edge's,ABR-1 bridge, I looked at the electronics right away & was surprised to see CTS pot Switch craft switch & jack etc. the wiring was super clean something you'd find in a CS guitar, The neck shape is a lot like my Stratocaster. Its a "C" shape without shoulder i'd guess about .83 to .94ish perfect for my liking

I did change the pickups out to a set of SD Skinner burst set with DMC covers, One of the best sounding guitar i personally ever played.
Nitro top finish. Just a cool deal all around
They shipped it & it was here in 3 days from Monday to Wednesday. Thanks for checking it out.
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_2606.JPG

Last edited:

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Very nice Congrats! :dude: I've wanted to pick up a Momose V. I like the white pickguard and jack plate. I have a Bacchus Korina V basically the same specs I believe. I want to switch the pickups out of it but haven't done so yet.

IMG_20151121_161449443 (Large).jpg

jerry47

Reaction score
Very nice Congrats! :dude: I've wanted to pick up a Momose V. I like the white pickguard and jack plate. I have a Bacchus Korina V basically the same specs I believe. I want to switch the pickups out of it but haven't done so yet.

View attachment 531892
I have a black guard coming any day now, I love the black guards but i liked this woodgrain so i order with white. should have the black on Monday. Yeah i didn't even test with the stock pick ups i just pulled them, they called them their Beano set I guess they could be ok but the skinners are out of this world , originals had to go..

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I have a black guard coming any day now, I love the black guards but i liked this woodgrain so i order with white. should have the black on Monday. Yeah i didn't even test with the stock pick ups i just pulled them, they called them their Beano set I guess they could be ok but the skinners are out of this world , originals had to go..
So you have another Momose V coming?

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
No it was a misunderstanding, I have just the black guard alone coming, nothing attached to it lol.., if i have the cash i would buy one of their explorers after seeing the fit and finish on this. Check out the birds eye on this one. View attachment 531919
Oh, I though you have another Korina V coming. Where did you purchase the black guard from?
Nice looking Korina Expolorer. You should get one. :naughty: I have a Bacchus Korina Explorer. Mine has some flame and a bit of birds eye in it. I really need to get a better pick of it. The pic doesn't do it justice at all. The Korina is absolutely beautiful. Just like on the V the Madagascar rosewood board is a nice dark chocolate color.

IMG_20151226_145316280_1 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

Jock

Reaction score
There are big differences between the two models. My Bacchus Explorer has the standard thick neck and thick body, more like a 58. My Momose V has a thinner body and thinner neck, more like a 60s. I put 57s in the Explorer and it sounds great, left the Momose as standard but do feel that is too bright, so I may change them. Both Black guards both excellent builds, but I do prefer the neck profile of the Bacchus.

jerry47

Reaction score
Oh, I though you have another Korina V coming. Where did you purchase the black guard from?
Nice looking Korina Expolorer. You should get one. :naughty: I have a Bacchus Korina Explorer. Mine has some flame and a bit of birds eye in it. I really need to get a better pick of it. The pic doesn't do it justice at all. The Korina is absolutely beautiful. Just like on the V the Madagascar rosewood board is a nice dark chocolate color.

View attachment 532004
That's a looker right there, Beautiful Guitar!!:shock:. If i can free up the cash i'll end up getting the explorer, Actually would have bought the explorer first but they just loaded that one on site the day after i bought the V, We'll see what happens.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
What is the guitar brand ?
The ones Jerry posted are Momose and the ones I'm posting are Bacchus. They are both under Deviser and are made in Japan. Excellent craftsmanship.

Here is some info on them.

Last edited:

Steven

Reaction score
Really nice guitars, but costly for me these days; I'd love to own a decent V.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I put a set of Timbuckers in the Korina V yesterday. Man they sound great in this guitar! The rolled edges on these fretboards make them so nice to play.

20210425_150801.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads