NGD: Just spent $500 on an Agile , am I crazy?

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have several of the same LP cases too lol.

rfrizz

Lenured Tuser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have several of the same LP cases too lol.

The TSA case or the case with aluminum valances? Or both?

If you have both, I'd like to hear your opinion on which is better.

Roxy13

Reaction score
The TSA case or the case with aluminum valances? Or both?

If you have both, I'd like to hear your opinion on which is better.

Not necessarily those particular cases but just in general. Like I have several LP and SG cases that are offered by Musician's Friend. A local music shop seems to have some kind of deal with those cases and he sells them on Black Friday 4 for $100. How can I say no to $25 per case? Lol. I also really like the Allen Eden LP cases for inexpensive aftermarket ones for LPs.

And I have more than one of the 90s brown TKL Gibson branded ones so those look identical.

I have an SKB case with the TSA latches in 335 form and one in SG form that is Gator branded. Those are both pretty solid cases, but they are on the pricier end. I'm not gigging so my cases just have to mostly protect the guitars in my house and be good enough for light travel to friends' houses.

I don't have the SKB style Gator case you have but I suspect the MF ones that look very much the same and might be the same case or made in the same factory.

rfrizz

Lenured Tuser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily those particular cases but just in general. Like I have several LP and SG cases that are offered by Musician's Friend. A local music shop seems to have some kind of deal with those cases and he sells them on Black Friday 4 for $100. How can I say no to $25 per case? Lol. I also really like the Allen Eden LP cases for inexpensive aftermarket ones for LPs.

And I have more than one of the 90s brown TKL Gibson branded ones so those look identical.

I have an SKB case with the TSA latches in 335 form and one in SG form that is Gator branded. Those are both pretty solid cases, but they are on the pricier end. I'm not gigging so my cases just have to mostly protect the guitars in my house and be good enough for light travel to friends' houses.

I don't have the SKB style Gator case you have but I suspect the MF ones that look very much the same and might be the same case or made in the same factory.

+1 on Musician's Gear cases!

I have ~5 Musician's Gear cases. MG, like Musician's Friend, is owned by Guitar Center, BTW.

This SG hard case is $60 (on sale now for $51 on MF) and it and the other MG cases are perfect for the job, which is "to mostly protect the guitars in my house and be good enough for light travel to friends' houses." I have the ATA Gators because there was a special for purchasing 2 or more a while back.

I also bought a MG case for my ~$450 mandolin. Every instrument I own has a hard case, even the $150 ones!

Roxy13

Reaction score
+1 on Musician's Gear cases!

I have ~5 Musician's Gear cases. MG, like Musician's Friend, is owned by Guitar Center, BTW.

This SG hard case is $60 (on sale now for $51 on MF) and it and the other MG cases are perfect for the job, which is "to mostly protect the guitars in my house and be good enough for light travel to friends' houses." I have the ATA Gators because there was a special for purchasing 2 or more a while back.

I also bought a MG case for my ~$450 mandolin. Every instrument I own has a hard case, even the $150 ones!

Same here. Even the lowly $70 Cozart 12 string strat type has a hard case.

I have pets. I don't want anyone breaking, playing, chewing on or using a guitar for a scratching post. And yes, one of the cats "plays" the guitars. I think the first time he plucked a string he didn't know it was going to make music. He looked at me with surprise and was all pleased with himself. Now everytime I set one down he's right there to pluck strings!

rfrizz

Lenured Tuser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Even the lowly $70 Cozart 12 string strat type has a hard case.

I have pets. I don't want anyone breaking, playing, chewing on or using a guitar for a scratching post. And yes, one of the cats "plays" the guitars. I think the first time he plucked a string he didn't know it was going to make music. He looked at me with surprise and was all pleased with himself. Now everytime I set one down he's right there to pluck strings!

What about children? Gotta have a locking case for them!

Roxy13

Reaction score
I even have extra cases sitting around and if I have a guitar here that is someone else's for work and it didn't come over with it's own case I keep it in one when I'm not working on it just for it's protection.

Roxy13

Reaction score
What about children? Gotta have a locking case for them!

I never had children so there aren't any grandchildren either. I did have one rule for my life, which was don't have kids with an idiot :laugh2: And I married an idiot and dated quite a few too.

rfrizz

Lenured Tuser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I even have extra cases sitting around and if I have a guitar here that is someone else's for work and it didn't come over with it's own case I keep it in one when I'm not working on it just for it's protection.

Now that's smart! (But you don't need me to tell you that.)

motowntom

Reaction score
I have two Agiles, both slightly modded, and I sometimes laugh out loud playing them, when I realize how little $ I have in them, I will never part with either. Enjoy that 7 string.
Cheers

Latest Threads