NGD: Just spent $500 on an Agile , am I crazy?

pillbug

Reaction score
I found a neck-thru Agile Septor Pro 727 with maple fretboard and stock Seymour Duncan blackouts.

The only 7-string I've had/played before is a Schecter KM7 MKI in frost white with ebony board, and absolutely loved it. Got that one for just about $550 so I'm hoping this older Agile will compare. I know it's a 27" scale vs. the 26.5 of the Schecter.

These probably weren't even $500 new back in the day, but I'm hearing great things about Agile both old and new offerings. Seems like they are getting a little higher end in their current lineup.

Consensus, was this a good buy or not? It should be here mid-week. These are some stock photos.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Value is in the eye of the beholder!

A quick look on Google makes the average price at around $500.
So you didn't get screwed and could turn it around if you don't like it.
If you like it and it feels good and makes you kind of a better guitarist ,
next month you might refuse $1000 for it! LoL.

Let us know how it goes when you get it.
:thumb:

Last edited:

Hecubus

Reaction score
This was a good buy. I looked through some old emails and in 2013, Rondo had your guitar on sale for $499.

Steven

Reaction score
What condition is it in according to the seller ?

pillbug

Reaction score
what is the recommended string set for a 27” scale 7-string guitar?

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I've had some fantastic Agile guitars. I think you did good!

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I've had my fair share of Agile guitars as well and they were superb construction and great upgrade candidates. Most of mine were the LP knockoff and the only reason I sold them off was the stubby horn bugged me. They played and felt as good as anything else I've had.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've had my fair share of Agile guitars as well and they were superb construction and great upgrade candidates. Most of mine were the LP knockoff and the only reason I sold them off was the stubby horn bugged me. They played and felt as good as anything else I've had.
Had several as well. My problem is they were all too heavy. Even the semi-custom order I got with weight relief was too heavy. Also, in six string land, harder to resell, because of smaller market knowing their worth.

Rondo and Agile have been well known in 7+ string players for awhile.

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason I don't own an Agile is simply due to Rondo being out of stock when I looked, and at this point, I don't need to get any more guitars. I need to keep my GAS under control.

The Gibson SG I am looking at is simply me jonesing.

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I have two guitars and two basses from Rondo. One of the basses is now in an consignment shop with one of the guitars, and the other guitar is earmarked for my niece.

Rondo is the best source for short and mid scale basses anywhere. I have size 7&1/2 feet with hands to match, so playing a 34" scale bass is a chore.

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had several as well. My problem is they were all too heavy. Even the semi-custom order I got with weight relief was too heavy. Also, in six string land, harder to resell, because of smaller market knowing their worth.

Rondo and Agile have been well known in 7+ string players for awhile.
Did the Les Paul "style" guitars fit into regular LP cases?

Roxy13

Reaction score
Despite the Valkyrie looking like a different enough shape from an SG I have some of the Rondo cases for my SGs. They are actually one of the few aftermarket SG cases that have double neck rests. I wish they came in more colors though. The fake tweed isn't my favorite look and having several of the same case makes it confusing to know which guitar is in which case. I'm about to put luggage tags on my case handles.

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite the Valkyrie looking like a different enough shape from an SG I have some of the Rondo cases for my SGs. They are actually one of the few aftermarket SG cases that have double neck rests. I wish they came in more colors though. The fake tweed isn't my favorite look and having several of the same case makes it confusing to know which guitar is in which case. I'm about to put luggage tags on my case handles.
:h5:
Same here. I have three identical LP cases:
TSA Les Paul Case

1629743072491.png

I also have one or two of this one, and I kinda think it is better:
LP Case w/aluminum valances

1629743039068.png

Latest Threads