87.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_7684.jpg
    DSC_7684.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 56

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats and enjoy your new JB LP. If you have a Joe P. to go with then you already know how good the BB's sound. :thumb::thumb:

Unsung Heroes

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats weave
thumbsup1.gif

Looks to be nice example of one and I am officially jealous

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that's sweet. Congratulations and happy NGD :)

MidnightLes

Reaction score
Cool... I wasn't familiar with Joe's music until last week. I bumped into his performance at the Royal Albert Hall... I wanted to hear Eric Clapton play and there there was Joe. After listening to that one Youtube video, instant fan. The entire concert rocks. I am not familiar with any other of his stuff. But I've listened to that concert several times in the past few days. He freakin' rocks! Anyway... Awesome Gold Top. I wish I had one... oh wait, I do have a Gold Top (not a JB, but it's 'my pride and joy.' :D ) HNJBGTD! :jam: :dude:

bacosta72

Reaction score
Cool... I wasn't familiar with Joe's music until last week. I bumped into his performance at the Royal Albert Hall... I wanted to hear Eric Clapton play and there there was Joe. After listening to that one Youtube video, instant fan. The entire concert rocks. I am not familiar with any other of his stuff. But I've listened to that concert several times in the past few days. He freakin' rocks! Anyway... Awesome Gold Top. I wish I had one... oh wait, I do have a Gold Top (not a JB, but it's 'my pride and joy.' :D ) HNJBGTD! :jam: :dude:

Check out Black Country Communion!

Tanqueray

Reaction score
His work with Bloodline, and his early solo stuff is really awesome as well. A bit different sounding because he played a Stratocaster back in those days.

weave6139

Reaction score
I just started listening to him about 5 years ago and quickly went up my favorites list. Finally got to see him live - a guitar player's dream as guitars just keep showing up. I "needed" a gold top and this guitar is great - as good as all the reviews say it is. The two Joe's are different although as SJM mentions they share the same pickups. The Joe B sounds a bit "airer". The neck isn't as dark sounding either. I wonder about the maple top of each. Of course with both pickups on, the Joe P wins due to the out of phase wiring.

I guess I shouldn't talk about the Joe P without the posting the new "brothers" pic.

Attachments

• DSC_7690.jpg
    DSC_7690.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 36

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
If you like Joe B. or just like guitars :naughty: you have to check this out. The guy in the video, Mike, is Joe's guitar tech he is a cool cat and is an old friend of mine. Mike has played guitar with artists as far ranging as Soul Icons Daryl Hall and John Oates, to British metal legends VENOM and CARCASS, and also was bassist with CATHEDRAL for their Ethereal Mirror Tour. If you have watched any of the Live at Daryl's House Mike is usually there in the background and played on a couple of them. That boy knows his way around the fretboard.
Here is his Bio. www.mikehickeyguitar.com BIO

Here is Joe's rig rundown vid...go full screen with that baby.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DD0Yn1XJjE]Rig Rundown - Joe Bonamassa (2013) - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Threads