NGD Joe Bonamassa 'Lazarus' 1959 Les Paul Standard

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I made a couple more tweaks to my setup and wow, what a player! The guitar feels/plays fantastic, even with a neck that is a little bigger than I like, it does really feel great. I had so much fun playing her yesterday after those final tweaks, I lost track of time playing and almost forgot to go pickup my wife. haha

This guitar has no need to go to the Luthier, I was able to make the few adjustments on my own and she is perfect, frets are level and she is feeling fantastic.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Wow, I was playing today and I really need to make a clip for you. This guitar is so smooth but it can also scream, it is so much fun to play and sounds fantastic.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Here is a clip from my iPhone, I converted to an mp4.

It cleans up nice when you turn down your guitars volume, then gets nice and dirty when you turn your guitar volume back up again.

Joe B 59 LP

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Wow, it is coming up on 3 months I have had this guitar, I still love it and can't put it down once I start playing it.

I did do a change over to Gotoh Locking Keystone Vintage tuners and put on a Faber bridge. After I did the Faber Bridge change, I got close to where I had it before the change, but it was not perfect.

switch1.jpg

orig2.jpg

gotoh1.jpg

gotoh4.jpg

faber1.jpg

faber2.jpg

gotoh5.jpg

faber3.jpg

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I just love locking tuners, making string changes so easy and giving her better tuning stability. As I said above, after the Faber Bridge change, I just could not get it back to where it was before the bridge change. I had just gotten my new Gibson back from the Luthier, and as I picked up the Gibson, I left my Lazarus for a complete fret leveling/crowing and nut adjustment with the setup. I just got Roxy back this past Saturday and only had a little bit of time here and there to jam on her until this past evening. I played with her Acoustically since it was late, but I was jamming for a while and I had a great time doing so, such a smooth playing guitar. The setup is now back to where it was before the Bridge Change, also even better with the Fret Leveling/Crowning and nut adjustment. Fretting the lower frets is really sweet now, a lot less chance to go sharp even with my heavy fingering at times. I played Roxy today through my amp for a while and I am so happy with this guitar, you really couldn't ask for a nicer guitar at under 1k, you definitely get more than your money's worth.

emerald81

Reaction score
Wow. Seriously damn beauty! Looking one step up from the rest of the std line from epi.

Latest Threads