NGD: It came, I saw, It's going back.....

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My LemonBurst 60s standard showed up..... It has a nice top but the nut isn't done right which is my main issue that made me decide to return it..... It also has a black dot in the clear coat and what looks to be a glue over flow from the inlay. Action is a bit high... all in all.... too many sins to be forgiven. It also has a bit of light scratches which i don't mind so much but the nut is a deal breaker. Sweetwater has been great so no worries....

I'll probably get a Ice tea, Tobacco burst, or a November burst going forward.... we will see.

Last edited:

Standard 64

Reaction score
just looks like some strings are bent going into the tail piece<must be a optical illusion

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
60s neck, of course it should go back...

jk... that's unfortunate as it does have a great top. Were the nut issues aesthetic or was the height or spacing off?

Again, shame as it is a looker, best of luck with replacement

Look at the picture.... the strings don't even fit in the slots.

laterider

Reaction score
Ok, yeah I see. I thought the low E string was sitting around halfway in the slot - not on top of it! In this case it could be corrected by removing material (as opposed to too low) but you shouldn't have to get a new LP nut fixed so I'm with you. I once got a brand new studio that had a high fret and some talked about 'just get a level' it went back... Again good luck with replacement!

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
picky, Picky, PICKY!

That nut is a train wreck. Definitely should go back.

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF gauge of strings did they put on the thing? Looks like the temporary employee from the Bass Department was filling in or something...

Guitar looks great to me... Strings look wrong

As far as the black dot goes..if that is a problem for you, please never bid on anything I put up for sale

redcoats1976

Reaction score
you should send it back,that guitar is too pretty for mere mortals.the nut issue could be fixed,and thats all thats really "wrong" with it.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I file all mine...but I’m an ocd weirdo and would prefer to start with smooth nuts if I’m being honest

****it should be noted I’m not a luthier and have below avg skills...but I like my nuts a certain way...

-chris

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Sorry to see you had some poor luck - The cool thing is there are so many great Les Pauls available - no need to settle :) You will def find a great one

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should send it back,that guitar is too pretty for mere mortals.the nut issue could be fixed,and thats all thats really "wrong" with it.

Like i said in first post.... The nut is my main issue, it looks like ass... installed like crap and not cut right. I'm not fixing a guitar i can swap out. It's got a few niggles... but honestly it doesn't play well, i played it for 10 minutes and then packed it up....

My slash standard blows this LP out of the water.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like i said in first post.... The nut is my main issue, it looks like ass... installed like crap and not cut right. I'm not fixing a guitar i can swap out. It's got a few niggles... but honestly it doesn't play well, i played it for 10 minutes and then packed it up....

My slash standard blows this LP out of the water.
totally agree with u...
it should make u happy and any issues will only drive us crazy...we are a frantically awesome lot...
can’t wait to see ur new one...and ur doing the right thing

and if it makes u feel better about not taking my advice, I have oiled richlite fretboards....TWICE
this is sadly a very true story....

-chris

Latest Threads