NGD(ish...) 2019 Les Paul Standard 60's Unburst.

Overture

Reaction score
So I've had this guitar for just over 2 months now, but I didn't want to post it up until I made it more mine, so to speak.

New Standard 60's in Unburst. I had planned on ordering a Bourbon burst as I typically like darker bursts, but this really caught my eye when I first went into the store to inquire about one, and when I went back to either buy or order I had to play it. After a solid 45 minutes, I knew it was "the one" (even though this is my fifth LP...)

The other LP's i've owned are an 07 Custom, 10 and 12 Traditionals, and a 12 R8. This new standard is every bit as good as the R8 I had and definitely ahead of the trads. That custom will forever be the one that got away, but thats another story.

I've removed the pickguard and poker chip, changed all the plastics to black, put on the blank truss rod cover, and installed a Bareknuckle ceramic Nailbomb in the bridge (80's metal guy). I'm working on video with it now that i'll share once I'm done.

Couple pics (stock and current)

Paul 1..jpeg

Paul 2.jpeg

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoa, the black makes the flames pop....nice choice

super cool guitar...

happy for you...unbursts and antique bursts are on my watch list

-Chris

Overture

Reaction score
Thanks everyone,

The clownburst customs are kind of where I got the idea to change everything over. That and I just wanted something a little different. It sounds absolutely amazing, especially with that Nailbomb in it.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Hmm that’s a good idea. Hadn’t even thought of replacing the hardware.
Gibson always uses black mounting screws on black pickup rings, regardless of the finish of the rest of the hardware. It's a small detail that imitators, including Epiphone, usually ignore. It's a very cheap modification that IMO would really set your guitar off.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Just spray some black paint on the tops of the screws.
Looks 100% better without the pick guard and pickup cover on the new humbucker
Well done! :)