NGD: Interesting Squier Strat

Phildog

Reaction score
So, I was browsing my local Craigslist this afternoon and came across an ad. An hour later, I walked away with a pretty nice Squier Strat in immaculate condition...for the exception of 2 dings. No issues with the neck or anything. So, after the exchange, (I gave him the $20 he was asking), I brought this home...

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

I haven't seen many of these Affinity Strats with a Maple neck AND CBS headstock. This seems a little uncommon to me. I could be wrong. And not that it matters. It plays and sounds just fine. I'll be installing some new strings in a bit. Not too bad for $20, huh?

Page/lespaulfreak

Reaction score
I've seen a few of those strats with the big CBS headstock at my local guitar shop. It's nothing particularly special, but not bad for $20. Enjoy!

endial

Reaction score
:shock:

And you wonder why people don't like you?

-Envy does strange things to people. AWESOME score!
Perfectly gloatable. Have a ball man!

Happy Awesome Score Day!

ant_riv

Reaction score
Did the strap come with it?

If so, it was a really good deal.
If not, meh ....

J/k - Congratulations and HNGD!

'Hege

Reaction score
Awesome!
Those $20 guitars... keep a six pack of 'em in the fridge for hot days....:thumb:

auriemma

Reaction score
LOL... I saw that one, chatted with the seller, and I passed.
Why?
1. Because he mentioned something about electrical issues.
2. I already have 2 projects.
3. 60 mile round trip for $20.

Best of luck, I hope she serves you well.

StillLearning

Reaction score
Not sure that can be beat for $20. Cool find, and HNGD! Enjoy the new toy! :thumb:

Meatwad

Reaction score
I got 25 bucks and a coupon for a free small Frosty from Wendy's.

Deal???

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
Fantastic deal. Looks like 3pc-non veneer body which is a plus.

daithesaes

Reaction score
Those Affinity Squire's are pretty decent, as 'cheap' guitars go. Used to have one (£50 for me and I thought that was a good deal!) and it was a great playing guitar. Neck in particular was a joy to play. Trem was poor though and just looking at it made it go out of tune so gave it to my nephew who was learning to play. At $20 though, what does it matter if it does have a few niggles? You can do a few upgrades and still have a great cheap guitar. Fantastic deal I reckon!! You could only better that if you mugged him!!

Hope you enjoy it and HNGD!

Phildog

Reaction score
LOL... I saw that one, chatted with the seller, and I passed.
Why?
1. Because he mentioned something about electrical issues.
2. I already have 2 projects.
3. 60 mile round trip for $20.

Best of luck, I hope she serves you well.

Yeah, I thought it was gonna be a project as well. But when I got it home...and I thawed...there's no issue with the pickups...ANY of them. What I WILL do is change the capacitor. I've got a PIO cap that will replace it. I may change the tuners as well, but I'll wait and see if these can hold their own. Other than a few small dents here and there, the guitar is in excellent condition.

Woderwick

Reaction score
4 bolt neck. Fake ! JK congrats. Cant go wrong.

Woderwick

Reaction score
Hey, what did you mean by 4 bolt neck. Fake! Is there something I should know?

No, thats why I said I was kidding. Some older large headstock Strats, like my 79, have 3 bolt necks.

Phildog

Reaction score
No, thats why I said I was kidding. Some older large headstock Strats, like my 79, have 3 bolt necks.

Ohhhhh, i see. And I knew you couldn't be serious...who fakes Squiers??? LOL

Custom53

Reaction score
I almost bought a Squire Strat at the Ohio Guitar Show a couple of weeks ago. Wish I had bought it. Single Humbucker with a Floyd Rose. All Black.. It Felt Good, Sounded Good and Looked Good.. I left my cash at home that day so I couldn't buy it. And it was only about $150.. It reminded me of a old Charvel Model 2 that I had..

I had a '60s Strat back around 1974 and I had one a few years ago. I even had a couple of EBMM Silhouette's because of their Strat Style. I never cared for them until this Squire.. Now I have GAS for one again.. And I thought I was completely over GAS.. It has popped it's head up again now..

Latest Threads