NGD Heritage H-535

M@nChild

Reaction score
Awesome grab, let us know how she plays!

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
The guitar is sweet! CME was great to work with and got it to me quickly. It came covered in car wax or polish. That was kind of weird, but all in all it is great. I need to do a good setup to get the action down some more. My only complaint is the neck pickup ( Duncan 59) is crazy dark and boomy, bridge is killer ( Seth Lover) and give those Clapton Cream tones very easily. I tend to usually play Gibson or Gibson type guitars with selector in the middle position with the neck always about 80% of what the bridge is running. I noticed myself at more like 60% or just playing the bridge The sustain is phenomenal and breaks into that perfect amount of feedback. The neck is chunky, but quite comfortable. I'm a fan of the Gibson 60s necks, but this was thicker and felt great.
My only other guitars of this type are a Gibson es335 dot and an Ibanez John Scofield jsm-10 . The quality of this guitar is head and shoulders above those. The flaming is beautiful throughout, the fretwork is superb and the Grover's are a bonus. Maybe I'm just experiencing a gas high, but I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'll post pics tomorrow in the light to show off the flame.

mdubya

Reaction score
You might want to lower the neck pickup. That might help with the boominess.

That is a weird mix, Seth/'59. Is that stock? An A2 or A3 magnet might tame the '59 a bit. :dunno:

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
You might want to lower the neck pickup. That might help with the boominess.

That is a weird mix, Seth/'59. Is that stock? An A2 or A3 magnet might tame the '59 a bit. :dunno:
I'm going to ditch the 59. I've never really cared for them anyway. I believe I'll throw another Seth in there. I like the bridge. However I am open to suggestions on pickups. I have always been afraid to change out Gibson pickups, it is kind of liberating having this Heritage. Put what you want into it. It didn't cost me $4000 and I'm not afraid to change it from stock.

mdubya

Reaction score
I'm going to ditch the 59. I've never really cared for them anyway. I believe I'll throw another Seth in there. I like the bridge. However I am open to suggestions on pickups. I have always been afraid to change out Gibson pickups, it is kind of liberating having this Heritage. Put what you want into it. It didn't cost me $4000 and I'm not afraid to change it from stock.
I never liked the 59's I have tried or owned. I have always wanted to try Seth's, but I never have. I believe Seth's and 59's were regularly used as stock on those guitars. I'd go for a Seth in the neck and call it OEM. :thumb:

Latest Threads