NGD! Harley Benton Double Cut Jr

Dr. Arkam

Reaction score
I’m in PA at the in-laws and found a 2 month old HB DC Jr on Craigslist for $120. I’ve been wanting to try one out for a while and couldn’t pass it up. I won’t be able to plug it in for a while but it seems like a really well made guitar. Finish is great, neck is straight and feels solid, frets are nice, action is good, looks cool. Overall I’m pretty damn happy for $120. Even if I’m not a fan of the tone I’ll swap the pickup out and still be at a decent price for a cool guitar that’s different from my Tele and Sheraton.

Here’s a pic from the listing, I’ll put up some better ones when I get it home.

F9904F78-92F3-476B-BD42-9D306AF7665D.jpeg

judson

Reaction score
i bought a used Harley Benton steel resonator and its a blast to play slide in open G after i over serve myself a few adult beverages!

i think its sounds great....at least to me!!

have fun with it, i bet it will surprise you, may need a few upgrades but worth every bit of $120 !!!

:beer:

Weaseldust

Reaction score
I’m in PA at the in-laws and found a 2 month old HB DC Jr on Craigslist for $120. I’ve been wanting to try one out for a while and couldn’t pass it up. I won’t be able to plug it in for a while but it seems like a really well made guitar. Finish is great, neck is straight and feels solid, frets are nice, action is good, looks cool. Overall I’m pretty damn happy for $120. Even if I’m not a fan of the tone I’ll swap the pickup out and still be at a decent price for a cool guitar that’s different from my Tele and Sheraton.

Here’s a pic from the listing, I’ll put up some better ones when I get it home.

View attachment 651879
That thing is seriously sexy .... Double cut juniors is damn hot, hit you like a ´45, YEAH !

can we hear it bark please ?!?

Dr. Arkam

Reaction score
Shit, I thought about going to GC and picking up a Spark that I’ve been wanting just to be able to plug it in.

My son and I are both really impressed with it. Just playing around with it unplugged it’s easy to tell that’s it a really playable guitar. Notes ring out, the neck feels great and there’s a ton of sustain. I’ve regretting moving my Les Paul Special for years, this may scratch my P90 itch for a while.

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out Wolfetone pickups IF you find the pickup lacking.

The owner, Wolfe is a member here. Seriously good guy. Seriously good pickups!

Take the guitar to GC and tell them you are looking for an amp.

Enjoy!

@WolfeMacleod

Dr. Arkam

Reaction score
Man, that would have been a good idea. Wound up going to the mall with the wife and kids instead.

I’ve heard of wolfetone pickups, didn’t realize he was a member. I’ll have to check them out.

Latest Threads