NGD: Gretsch Jet Silver Sparkle

Matt_21

Reaction score
Hey guys,
It's been a while since I've played electric but, I've got the bug again.
I was cruising around FB Marketplace and saw this Sparkly beauty listed at a decent price.
The ad said it was only a month old. End of the story, I got a pretty good deal and a gig bag with it from the guy.
My wife was in the city last night anyways so I had her pick it up for me. She brought it home and man, as soon as it came out of the bag I was happy. I've always loved the silver sparkle finish. Actually most sparkle finishes. This one is clean. It still has all the plastic on the control covers and pick guard. It even still has the little rubber nub on the end of the Bigsby handle.
I haven't plugged it in yet as I'm working afternoons but, I'm hoping to get up in time tomorrow to plug it in and snap a pic or two.

Edit: It's an electromatic. 5435t I believe

S. Rock

Reaction score
congratulations !

years ago they even had a Red Sparkle Jet. I saw one on ebay not long ago. oh, there was also a Green Sparkle Jet at one time.

since Gretsch also makes drums, someone got the idea to use the "sparkle" from the drums for guitar tops.

Last edited:

Les Paul John

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,
It's been a while since I've played electric but, I've got the bug again.
I was cruising around FB Marketplace and saw this Sparkly beauty listed at a decent price.
The ad said it was only a month old. End of the story, I got a pretty good deal and a gig bag with it from the guy.
My wife was in the city last night anyways so I had her pick it up for me. She brought it home and man, as soon as it came out of the bag I was happy. I've always loved the silver sparkle finish. Actually most sparkle finishes. This one is clean. It still has all the plastic on the control covers and pick guard. It even still has the little rubber nub on the end of the Bigsby handle.
I haven't plugged it in yet as I'm working afternoons but, I'm hoping to get up in time tomorrow to plug it in and snap a pic or two.

Edit: It's an electromatic. 5435t I believe

Yes, great guitars for the money, I got two of them .... one Silver sparkle and a gold top. Here’s my gold top .... really has a fantastic tone.

E47D0CD6-812A-47BC-9D2B-490F2387AFE5.jpeg

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
What a coincidence! I also just bought a Jet. But mines been retrofitted with p90's! Just at the shop getting it's set-up. Can't wait to have a decent play with it! Congrats!

Matt_21

Reaction score
Welcome to the club!

Jets are killer guitars that sound as cool as they look! Does yours have Filtertrons or DeArmonds, not that there is a wrong answer.
Mines got the Black Top Filtertrons

zombiwoof

Reaction score
What happened to the Electromatics without a Bigsby?. Like the 6120 type model, seems to only be available in the Bigsby version now, I always wanted the previous one without. And I hate that new TP on the EM's that's V-shaped, they should go back to the old tailpiece IMO.
Al

moreles

Reaction score
Love 'em w/o Bigsbys, hate 'em with 'em. They're great guitars for the money -- actually, they're one of those guitars that really don't seem nearly as inexpensive as they really are. Maybe it's because the current ones are generally made better than the vintage ones!

zombiwoof

Reaction score
Love 'em w/o Bigsbys, hate 'em with 'em. They're great guitars for the money -- actually, they're one of those guitars that really don't seem nearly as inexpensive as they really are. Maybe it's because the current ones are generally made better than the vintage ones!
I guess you're right, the Bigsby is a plus. I just wondered why they discontinued the Bigsby-less versions. What do you think about that V-shaped TP on some of the guitars?. I hate it.
Al

zombiwoof

Reaction score
I guess you're right, the Bigsby is a plus. I just wondered why they discontinued the Bigsby-less versions. What do you think about that V-shaped TP on some of the guitars?. I hate it.
Al

Latest Threads