NGD - Gretsch G5230T Electromatic Jet FT in Firebird Red

Les Paul John

Banned
Reaction score
Sure, it works in a pinch although I have the cord in various diameters. I think it gives a bit cleaner slot although I still go after it with some fine sandpaper after anyway.

I just use files made for that and sandpaper .... cord is really good too. There's more than one way to skin a guitar!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yay, I am totally stoked to get off work, since my new Guitar is waiting for me at home. :run: I am Trying to remain calm.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Oh Happy Friday! :cheers2:

gretschg5230tred1.jpg

gretschg5230tred2.jpg

gretschg5230tred3.jpg

gretschg5230tred4.jpg

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I only had a little bit of time with it. It feels\plays really well and sounds pretty good. But... there is a problem with the electronics for the tone control related to the bridge volume, something is definitely flaky. Also, I hear a lot of static when I move my finger around on the pic guard.

I will contact Sweetwater and see what they want me to do about this. I can easily get this fixed, maybe there is a local warranty place for Gretsch that can do work on it.

Last edited:

Les Paul John

Banned
Reaction score
I only had a little bit of time with it. It feels\plays really well and sounds pretty good. But... there is a problem with the electronics for the tone control related to the bridge volume, something is definitely flaky. Also, I hear a lot of static when I move my finger around on the pic guard.

I will contact Sweetwater and see what they want me to do about this. I can easily get this fixed, maybe there is a local warranty place for Gretsch that can do work on it.

Well Hell. You could have done without a wonky knob.

BoogyWithStu

Reaction score
I just bought a Gretsch G5230t Electromatic Jet ft with Bigsby.
It looked cool and I don't have a Gretsch or a Bigsby, and it was a good price.

Holy shit, this is a cheap guitar made in China, but it is one of the best (or maybe the best) guitar I have ever played. The PUPs are amazing. the build is rock solid. it just feels great. I am really blown away. I own Gibson Custom Shop and PRS Core guitars costing thousands of pounds and yet this cheapo guitar beats them all. Did I just get really lucky? My Bigsby doesn't make a sound, I do divebombs and use it as I would a FR and it STILL keeps in tune. How can this be? I suspect I just lucked out, as a guitar like this can not come up very often. Even if a normal Gretsch is a quarter as good as this beast then they are amazing value.

moreles

Reaction score
IMO, these are remarkably good guitars and standouts in a crowded field at that price point. They are not screaming for modding but can be easily tweaked to your preferences. The design is fundamentally both functional and attractive and doesn't need aditional decoration, though heaven knows Gretsch does tart things up when they can.

Latest Threads